:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Site Status

• Comments Off on Site Status

Site Status

Latest Replies Forums Announcements Site Status

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Version3
    Keymaster

Okay, I believe all of the files that are currently in the feed, are now back on the server. That means they are all here, but we still need to test them all. Any volunteers to help me check all of the links the feed? It would be best if you tell everyone what range you are testing to avoid duplication. If there are dead links, add all of them for the block you were testing in this thread, and I’ll fix the dead links. There should be a few at least.

I’ll update the feed with things that are missing once the testing is completed. Thanks gang!

Newman
    Participant

I’ve just re-added all to a download que on my iTunes at work, but it wont be done untill I get in tommorow. I’ll let you know what I find when I get in.

Newman
    Participant

Your gonna hate me for this Bryan but its gotta be done.

001 – 071 excluding 30 part 2 does not work
    073 +074 + 075 hour 1-2 does not work in iTunes

Version3
    Keymaster

I was afraid of that.. I think since they were downloaded via iTunes the filenames are changed to one of the other details in the feed, rather than the original file name. That’s okay, I’m glad you did it Newman. It’s less work than reuploading all of that crapola.

Version3
    Keymaster

We need to evaluate this again. I’ve gotten the file names fixed, but there are likely to be a few goofups in there.

Newman
    Participant

I wont be infront of a hi-speed connection that I will be able to download with untill monday. I’ll do a massive test then.

Newman
    Participant

Here’s the damage (starting from bottom):

Promo
    pre-showPromo
    001-024
    030 part 1
    Video iPod Giveaway
    075 hours 1+2

Those listed above are still missing.

Octavious
    Participant

So, do you need them?

Version3
    Keymaster

We’ve got them all… it’s server file names vs. the filenames that are in the feed. it’s weird, when itunes downloads them, it does not use the filename shown in the RSS feed, it gives is a different filename. I’ve noticed it before, but this is the first time that has had an impact on things.

Newman
    Participant

iTunes uses the same file name for retrieving the file, its just when its downloaded to your PC/Mac it renames the files as whatever you declaired the title to be. For example/ the file could be sos-086.mp3 but iTunes will call it switched_on.086.mp3 because thats what the title was set as in the feed.

Version3
    Keymaster

I know Newman, but iPodder lemon did not do that to files I downloaded. Your PC or Mac makes no decisions to rename the file, the software doing the retrieval did it, and in the case of all of the files I uploaded, it was iTunes.

So, the feed has them all named SOS-0XX.mp3 and then iTunes converts them to the title. But earlier shows had a different style of original filename, and a few odd ones did too (like Show 30 part 1). So that’s where these remaining errors come from.

djohnson
    Participant

Is the upload script still in place? I’ve lost my bookmark to it…

Also, the link for the forums on the 404 page is missing the “s” on the end of forums.

Version3
    Keymaster

No (sort of), but I’ll get it updated when I have internet back up and working at home (tomorrow night).

Thanks, I’ll add that to my list of things to get cleaned up ASAP.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Hope you get em fixed soon.

Version3
    Keymaster

2005-2006 Winter Promo Added
    Show 000 Added
    Show 001-024 Fixed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.