:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Show 93

• Comments Off on Show 93

Show 93

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    mike3point14159
    Participant

Johnny Carson had an agreement with Jay Leno, to keep Doc and the rest of the band when Jay took over. Of course we know they were replaced as soon as Jay took over full time. Johnny never came on The Tonight Show after that. He was pretty pissed. He did go on The Late Show with David Letterman a few times. And occasionaly would write jokes for Dave’s monologue.

One or two days after Johnny died the entire monologue of Dave’s show was jokes Johnny had written in the previous couple month’s.

On an entirely diffrent topic. The Horned toad or sometimes called the horny toad, can squirt blood out of it’s eyes. It does not however blind you. It’s basically like squid ink, just a diversion in order to make an escape.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

Bucho
    Participant

In New Zealand the Horny Toads squirt semen out of their eyes and make you pregnant. They are twice as big as a mature camel and live in disused spider webs. The were erronoeusly introduced combat our hobbit infestation problem.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant

Actually its not blood from the eyes that is so bad, its when the frog recites all 2+ hours of show #93.

Nuthin but love guys……even though Rob’s not gay

Version3
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s one of those sad but true jokes. πŸ™

Don’t worry, 94 is on the way.

rob
    Participant

Wow. Even though I knew 93 was weaker than some of our others, I still enjoyed it. I guess everybody can’t be a Star Wars fan…

ROSS
    Participant

I thought show 93 was brilliant, I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. I’d give it 10 out of 10, 5 stars and all that stuff, but im probably biased being a huge Star Wars fan! πŸ™‚ Great show guys! 8)

Octavious
    Participant
    ROSS wrote:
    I thought show 93 was brilliant, I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end. I’d give it 10 out of 10, 5 stars and all that stuff, but im probably biased being a huge Star Wars fan! πŸ™‚ Great show guys! 8)

Ditto!

Bing
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Wow. Even though I knew 93 was weaker than some of our others, I still enjoyed it. I guess everybody can’t be a Star Wars fan…

😯 Not a Star Wars Fan!!

I thought everybody on the internet was a SW fan. Its like the force……or something like that.

In defense of my offense on #93

In terms of laughter both by listeners and participants I would give it a 4
    In terms of content and opinions expressed it would be a 7

…..Normally, I would give the SW portion at the end a 10 but there ain’t no way in hell three heterosexual 30 something jedi-loving geeks could’ve talked about the best in Return Of the Jedi and ain’t a-one of you vagrants brought up the Goddamn metal bikini!!!!!!
    (and you say you are not gay…shame sir…SHAME!!!!!)

….I need my pills

rob
    Participant

I might get chastised for this, but I think Carrie Fisher wasn’t quite expressing the same hotness as she did in the first movie by that time. As a kid, I remember thinking, “Wow, she’s almost naked!”, but by that time, I’d already seen Private School many times, and those of you who remember that movie are probably as doomed as I am to being a pervert for the rest of your life. C’mon, Betsy Russell was hot!

Anyway, half naked toe’up chicks like Carrie Fisher aren’t as cool to me as a Jedi kicking ass with Tie Interceptors flying all over the damn place. But, maybe that’s just me.

Scatt
    Participant

I’m not a Star Wars fan…

So there.

rob
    Participant

I actually thought about that during the show, I was like, “Man, Scatt’s not gonna like this,” but hey, we were running dry.

YouFollowMe
    Participant

I’m not a huge Star Wars fan, so I found 93 a bit below average. It’s okay though, because we’re almost to Show 100. And that’ll be pretty neat. Hey, what are the plans for SOS 100 by the way?

Scatt
    Participant
    Quote:
    I actually thought about that during the show, I was like, “Man, Scatt’s not gonna like this,” but hey, we were running dry.

Actually, while I was writing my original post, something came up that needed me away from the computer, so I just simply wrote, “So there” *Submit*.

What I was originally going to write was even though I’m not a Star Wars fan and didn’t understand (I was going to say, “half”, but it’s much less) 90% of the references, there were a few times where you guys made me laugh because you were still being funny.

I mean, in you guys’ defense, I did listen to all of it. If it truly wasted my time simply because I didn’t similar interest in what you guys were talking about, I could have so easily hit the stop button on my little hipside magical music box.

JPSylvrWolfe
    Participant

I’ve been listening to switched on show for a lil’ while now, ever since the episode where they mangled my name at the end.

“Just in Teffir….from Ranc-oh Cu-cu-cua mon-gah”

Right….anywho….

Y’all are pretty damn funny, but this last one….Slow. The starWars stuff got me laughing at work tho…I almost broke my foot laughing at one point…cant remember which one, because I was in pain directly afterwards, but you get the idea.

Bucho
    Participant

I liked the Star Wars stuff but don’t get the Superman stuff. I remember as a 9 year old thinking holy cow Princess Leia with a collar and chain in a space bikini … hubba fuckin hubba. I liked hearing all the detailed observations of the coolest parts of the SW series anyway, all the small things like Bryan’s intense reaction to the greenness of Lukes lightsabre in ROTJ and that kind of stuff. I agree with the Emporer’s badassness being the coolest thing in the six movies but Han’s still the coolest character, at least in 4 and 5. And similar to the way Bryan hated the end of Maul, I still hate how Boba Fett went out. And I don’t get how you can stand Jar Jar let alone block him out.

Liked hearing the stuff about the 80s music too especially the Cure, what a blast. I thought the show was a good change of pace in general, probebly the fewest laughs for a long time but I’m way beyond just listening to SOS for laughs. I remember being totally riveted to the show when Bryan told about his ADHD/sleep problems for the first time. Even though it was slow paced I never felt like 93 dragged, even after the brilliance of 92, in the way that 91 and 90 did in spots when the movie games ran a few minutes too long.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.