:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Show 114

• Comments Off on Show 114

Show 114

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Participant

Aluminium and aluminum aren’t just pronounced different, they’re spelled differently. Aluminium sounds sexier but aluminum sounds tougher. That’s scientific.

Awesome show anyway gentlemen, the more that the song relay games appear on the shows the better they end up getting. I guess it’s a skill that just grows with experience. Plus it was cool to hear those brief bursts of her Royal Rozness.

There’s something great about how there are brief moments of silence when the laughs go over the top and result in breathing problems and actual physical pain. ‘Cause sometimes you can’t tell at first that Bryan has fallen off his chair and is convulsing on the floor until he gets to that sharp first inhalation and loud exhalation. There’s a momentary build-up of suspence because it’s audio, you can’t see what’s happening immediately, or even if this time Bryan has actually blown a gasket or vapourized, so subconsciously your attention draws intently and tension builds in during that moment, you hold your breath even as you grin like a loon at the joke that’s just set him off, even while you can hear Rob or Jerry laughing, some at Bryan, some at the joke, until you hear Bryan again. It’s like coming up for air in the most hilarious manner known to man. Or something.

Best of all, and this is pretty much unique even amongst other comedy pocasts I like, SOS is always listenable whether there are fits of laughing going on or not, I think because there’s no posing going on at all, there’s no desperation. It’s a straight-up but magical world the SOS world. I don’t even give a shit if this sounds like ass-kissing, I have nothing to gain with that, it just still is kind of a mystery to me why out of all the world’s podcasts this uneditted, improvised show by three texas boys (+guests) with no professional comedy experience is not only the most bullshit-free but also the funniest thing out there..

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Frank
    Participant

Funny story about Piggly Wiggly:

Growing up in South Carolina, there really were only two options: Piggly Wiggly or Winn-Dixie. The town where I grew up had one stop light and the only thing that would count as a store was the Piggly Wiggly. The guy who created Piggly Wiggly owns a huge house on the Battery at Charleston. For those who don’t know, that’s ocean front and probably some of the most expensive land to be had in South Carolina. Out in front of his house, leading up to his driveway, are two towers. On both towers, there are like cement or plaster pigs. No shit.

Anyway, that’s it. Just thought I’d share. Just like I find it interesting that the only grocery story I could find while I was in Texas was H-E-B, which I think is short for the guy who started the store, Herbert E. Butts. I’m not 100 percent sure. Maybe those still living in Tejas could verify that for me.

rob
    Participant

Bucho, you need to visit Texas. Because everytime there’s a feeling of hesitancy with me, all I have to do is read one of your posts and I have confidence. You’re like…like the confidence-giver. I could use that in everyday life.

But seriously…thanks. We may never be the biggest show, but with fans like you guys, it sure feels that way.

STUDIO AUDIENCE: Awwwww…

Bucho
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Bucho, you need to visit Texas. Because everytime there’s a feeling of hesitancy with me, all I have to do is read one of your posts and I have confidence. You’re like…like the confidence-giver. I could use that in everyday life.

But seriously…thanks. We may never be the biggest show, but with fans like you guys, it sure feels that way.

STUDIO AUDIENCE: Awwwww…

Yeah I could stand there in trainer’s gear and shout encouraging slogans at you in an Arnie (or Rainier Wolfecastle) accent like a demented coach. For a Hollywood level salary.

Bing
    Participant

Rob: I don’t have anything funny to say
    Bucho: GET TO THE CHOPPAH!!!

Rob: I just thought of the funniest fuggin thing, 3 guys walk into a bar……….

YouFollowMe
    Participant
    rob wrote:

Rob: “Gee, that chick is pretty hot. I don’t know if she would want to talk to me.”
    Bucho: “She’s dying to talk to you Rob. Get over there and show her your man-meat!”

Scatt
    Participant
    Quote:
    Rob: “Gee, that chick is pretty hot. I don’t know if she would want to talk to me.”
    Bucho: “She’s dying to talk to you Rob. Get over there and show her your man-meat!”

CONT’-

Rob: “Eh, I still don’t know…”
    Bucho: “Ah ya fookin’ kiddin’ me, mate?! She’s ya gawddamn woife!… Sittin’ in yooour living rewrm. Now, goewr oerver theah, an’ pull dayuhn ya fookin’ treawsuhs, mahn!”

(My New Zealand’s a little off, forgive me)

Bing
    Participant
    Scatt wrote:
    Quote:

CONT’-

Bucho: “Ah ya fookin’ kiddin’ me, mate?! She’s ya gawddamn woife!… Sittin’ in yooour living rewrm. Now, goewr oerver theah, an’ pull dayuhn ya fookin’ treawsuhs, mahn!”

brilliant

Bucho
    Participant
    Scatt wrote:
    Quote:

CONT’-

Maaaaayyyt, like fuck ahll forguv yuh. Come ovuh heuh and let me kuss yer on thuh mayouth. Nuthin but non-gaay luv o’ coorse.

The
    Participant
    Quote:
    Plus it was cool to hear those brief bursts of her Royal Rozness.

Haha thanks:-), but I’m not half quick thinking enough like these guys. I really dont know how they do the songs!

When you are “there”, the entertainment is on a whole new visual level, just watching Robbies expressions, and Bryans convulsions was enough to send me into fits.

Bing
    Participant

I think we should all load up in the car and drive to Texas.

No Rusty you can’t drive……….

YouFollowMe
    Participant

Yeah, that would be so awesome to actually be there for a live show. I imagine that y’all are making some hilarious facial expressions while you’re doing the show.

Newman
    Participant

Thats why a vidcast should be produced 🙂 wink wink nudge nudge

Bing
    Participant

A vidcast would be cool

you know what would also be cool?

If someone would post show 115

hahahaha

El Rustirino
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    I think we should all load up in the car and drive to Texas.

No Rusty you can’t drive……….

D: But I can drive! I drive good!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.