:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Show 110

• Comments Off on Show 110

Show 110

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Armez
    Participant

This show was about normal for SoS…as in there where boring times, and times when I fell out of my bed laughing…

“There is only one real Starbucks…”

I thought that part of show was funny but it can’t be true cause in the crappy town of Longview we have a Starbucks and this off brand coffee shop across the road called Sart Bok…sooooo….yeah…

I this show reminded me of show 101(the poolhall) in the not good way, but it wasn’t like 6 hours long…

I know that there are at least 20 listeners..

rob
    Participant

That reminded me of the time that Peter had his own gravitational pull…

“Heheheh, awww….heheheh, awww…heheheh, awww…”

Scatt
    Participant

It amazes me how many people say they listen at night or in bed. I wonder if that limiting of physical senses lets your imagination put you more ‘there’.

Armez
    Participant
    Scatt wrote:
    It amazes me how many people say they listen at night or in bed. I wonder if that limiting of physical senses lets your imagination put you more ‘there’.

You may have a point…

I dunno I usually download episodes the night they come out…

…so I usually listen to them at night

BSherrod
    Participant

Same here, its a great nightcap to a hard day’s night. I can focus more at this time too, I mean kids these days multitask all day and I’m no different. So night time is the right time for Switchd:On.

Bucho
    Participant

I usually listen either in my submarine on the way to ballet practice or while I’m pretending to be a goat.

In the Pre-110 Bryan wonders if it’s confusing in the prank calls to hear the boys laugh (in the “background”) when the person being called doesn’t hear the laughs. Not for me dude, it was perfect because it makes heightens the ridiculousness of the caller and the target’s reactions seem even funnier. It also somehow makes it seem like the listener is kind of in on the joke even more.

In both the shows the accents fuckin ruled. Something about the way Rob uses his voice makes simple things so hilarious to me, even just swearing in normal conversation. He kind of exagerates the cuss in a comically angry way or something or swears where you wouldn’t expect it, it just always cracks me up. Early in the Pre-110 he comes in with something about, “Ay, I’m gonna need me 48 of them fuckin sassage pizzas” in the Brooklyn? accent. Like a wiseguy accent or something, it’s such a funny voice. Then his Brit la-de-da stuff, so perfectly over-the-top. And he does all this shit without really thinking or trying, it just comes out funny.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Participant
    Scatt wrote:

Yeah man it does. Especially when the work is done, the wife stops nagging and you have yourself to … yourself…quiet. That’s until you are in this theater-of-the-mind and Rob laughter gets you in the mood. I sometimes listen to the show I am on the computer but can’t really focus to the show. But when its quiet at night time, it great listening experience.

Scatt you say “imagination” puts you more there. Yup. Take show 96; when they went to see X-Men and eat at Steak-n-Shake. With the great audio pick up at the movie theatre and them talking, you can visualize that Bryan was sitting on the left, Jerry in the middle and Rob on the right. Then the parking lot and believing that you were right there when they were ordering, eating, talking about the Best Of, and leaving. Or when they are doing the “chamber” effects. Nice! Or them just sitting around at the studio.

BSherrod
    Participant

I was imagining the same thing, the three guys just hanging out in my theater and me looking down at them wondering what the hell was going on.

Bucho
    Participant

I cracked up when Bryan said, “Our listeners are suckers who’ll listen to anything.” Thing is when I played the start of this Pre-110 and heard what was going on I actually thought to myself, “Wait, isn’t there something strange about listening to some dudes’ random banter while they go out to a fast food joint? You can get this kind of shit anytime you hang out with your own mates, why is this even interesting?” It was a thought that only lasted 3.5 seconds or so (the maximum time any non-sexual thought lives in my head) cause the answer was, “Maybe, but I don’t give a shit, these guys crack me up a lot and say some interesting stuff and they have cool Texas accents and most radio hosts and other podcats are crap so get off my back fuckin voice in my head or I’ll make you listen to Tony Danza.”

Some of my favourite unfunny SOS is when Jerry’s talking about childhood adventures and stuff, like the toys and the shit he and Bryan used to do. It’s not just cool stories but also it also slings up my own memories. The good memories that don’t make me wet my bed.

The best bit of the Pre-110 is near the end when Jerry’s like, “Do you think they’ll ever outlaw barbeques at campgrounds and stuff,” and it leads to Bryan being like, “We’re gonna be the least free ‘free country’ in the world.” Then there’s a pause and in my head I’m thinking that Rob and Jerry are thinking, “say something to steer us away from the state-of-the-nation, we talked about this serious stuff only two shows back …” And the pause lasts the perfect amount of time for a little dead-air tension to build and then Jerry’s like, “Yeah Varun, we have lots to say on these things … t’s just the way it is.” Fuckin awesome, that should be a show tagline or a t-shirt or something. The same as how Rob’s instinctively funny with his voice, Jerry has an instictive delivery that kind of satirises the way lines are delivered in movies or tv and he nails it with that one.

My only other thing is that the day before I’d heard the shows I said “poppycock” to my flatmate. It’s not a regular word by any means but it just seemed funny to me that the day after I said that, it came up in your conversation about shit no one says anymore.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Scatt
    Participant
    Darth Octavious wrote:
    Scatt wrote:

Yeah man it does. Especially when the work is done, the wife stops nagging and you have yourself to … yourself…quiet. That’s until you are in this theater-of-the-mind and Rob laughter gets you in the mood. I sometimes listen to the show I am on the computer but can’t really focus to the show. But when its quiet at night time, it great listening experience.

Scatt you say “imagination” puts you more there. Yup. Take show 96; when they went to see X-Men and eat at Steak-n-Shake. With the great audio pick up at the movie theatre and them talking, you can visualize that Bryan was sitting on the left, Jerry in the middle and Rob on the right. Then the parking lot and believing that you were right there when they were ordering, eating, talking about the Best Of, and leaving. Or when they are doing the “chamber” effects. Nice! Or them just sitting around at the studio.

Sounds interesting. I ought to try it. I always always listen at work where I’m surrounded by light and noise and, well, work. I can give all my attention to the show since that’s why I listen; to take me out of work, but I’m still physically aware that I’m at work/suck.

Bing
    Participant

I usually strip down to the nude and listen while covered in butter.

Scatt
    Participant

I would like to listen with my head up a larger animal’s ass, but everytime I arrange it to be done, my earbuds fall out.

Octavious
    Participant

I am going to pretent that the last two post were deleted.

rob
    Participant

I am going to pretend that I’m playing with Lindsay’s boobs instead of sitting alone watching bad TV.

YouFollowMe
    Participant

I usually listen at night too. I don’t have a whole lot of time to listen to podcasts, so it’s really either that or when I’m mowing the lawn. Switched:on is a great way to end the day (after playing with waggly boobies, of course)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.