:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Show 109

• Comments Off on Show 109

Show 109

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Armez
    Participant

Brilliant!
    I liked it when you/they called Wal-mart.

“My nether region is burning”.

Bucho
    Participant

I wrote all this crap on account of me having too much time on my hands on account of having too much tonsilitis on my tonsils but I don’t want to swamp the thread so I’m gonna do this slow release. I just hope nothing solid comes out.

Right at the front I want to say this, because it doesn’t get said enough. Bryan is fuckin’ funny. He’s gotten funnier more and more over the last 40 or 50 shows. Forget all that “I talk too much and it’s the other guys who come out with the funny stuff” stuff. The giant food thing was all funny but the image of the giant cotton candy dragging behind, picking up small kids, the idea of having it come in a beard kit, getting chased by bees while you wear cotton candy on your head … my favourite bits from the whole hilarious giant food section of the show.

“My penis won’t get hard after the fire.” Rob singing country.

The sound of moving the desk was cool, like a Star Wars or Jurrasic Park animal sound.

The best bit, and one of the best bits in SOS history was Rob saying how awesome Bucho is. He sort of disguises it by saying, “Our fans are the best in the world and we love you guys”, but we all know deep down in our hearts he really means Bucho.

Edit: Hey, post 200. I’m gonna go CelebrateTM

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant

Bucho is the coolest SOS fan ever…the only thing that would make him cooler is if he WOULD CALL THE FRIGGIN VOICEMAIL MORE!!!

And I agree about Captain Bryan, dude you rock…

you make me “HAPPY!”

that BTW was the funniest thing in the last few shows. I have no idea how you kept a straight face with Rob yelling that shit..please, please, PLEASE do that again on another show.

Bucho
    Participant

I actually did send four or five mp3s for show intros around show 97, the same time I sent the Princess Bride cuts, but shortly after that I moved house and my computer got fucked over and I lost the files, then found out Bryan had lost them too. I figure if both of us lost them it was never meant to be. Plus I’m lazy and retarded, a potent combination for procrastination.

“I’ll ask him but I know he likes boobies.” Jerry about Rob to Ryan’s wife. Perfect delivery.

The squealing kid message was terrifying, alien sounding. Not to insult the boy, or Bryan, just the audio effect of hearing it without knowing what it was, it was like a baby dragon or something. I hope Jessica has a flame proof suit.

“See you tomorrow (if you don’t get your legs torn off).” Bryan to Rong. Again, perfect delivery.

Bing wrote:
    Bucho is the coolest SOS fan ever…the only thing that would make him cooler is if he WOULD CALL THE FRIGGIN VOICEMAIL MORE!!!

You dawg, I am not. Sexiest maybe, obviously not because of looks or charm but purely on account of my exotic accent that makes me mysterious since you can’t understand half of what I say… oh wait … Phil’s got that too. I have tried the voicemail but it doesn’t work from here, I don’t know why. I thought I should at least just do some audio feedback and pimp the forum to the unsigned up listeners, I just need to get my shit together and do mp3s again.

Version3
    Keymaster

Hmmm… I wonder if SOS needs a number for the little island? ๐Ÿ˜€

Bucho
    Participant

“I just want boobies on my face.” Jerry. Then he proceeds to come up with some trademark examples of his Jerryness. The “if you could sting someone” question is such a surreal funny idea, freaky like The Fly. His knock on wood for dumb reasons idea was hilarious too. And “Did you guys see that lawyer show on tv last night?” “What about it?” “I don’t want to talk about it.” “You don’t want to talk about it?” “No, just drop it okay.” Awesome.

Then the discussion about helping your Dad working under a house being freaky (I hear that) when you’re a kid turns into more hilariousness. I can’t wait to have kids. A lot of the time there’s parts of shows where mundane everyday stuff gets brought up, like the stuff from when the boys were kids, or things like the frustrations that come with mechanical projects of any kind, and it doesn’t need to be funny to be good content. It’s just cool to hear shared random observations and be like, “fuck yeah dude, I know exactly that experience.”

“I have a permanent imprint of a nintendo controller on the bottom of my balls.” Rob.

The first Blockbusters call was awesome, especially when the boys were yelling in the background and Katie was giggling. I was cracking up too and my shoulders hurt. I just wish you could have found some way to get the SOS voicemail number to her or something and have her ring back. Then Jerry’s on fire with the voices for the other calls.

“My wife’s looking for them Spiderman tampons” was a sweet reminder of the Walmart visit in 75. Then at the end of talking to Gary Riddick Jerry makes this mmmmnnn noise, it’s at 1:34:19. I remember because I rewound 6 times. Also, I don’t know how Bryan kept bringing it back after each time he cracked up talking chemistry and dermitology, but each time he saved it. What kept both Jerry and Bryan’s calls awesome was how they kept kind of humble, like Bryan mentioning how embarassing it was and saying sorry, and Jerry would be, like he said, like you’ve got to make them your buddy. It was so cool how much that lady played along, she was gold.

For the next week I’m going to read everything in my head in Rob’s latino voice. Good times.

Version3 wrote:
    Hmmm… I wonder if SOS needs a number for the little island? ๐Ÿ˜€

Hey, who you calling little!?!?! Oh yeah, you’re from Texas. ๐Ÿ˜€ Even Australia’s only medium sized next to Texas. Seriously though dude, if it’s going to mean any money or time on your guys part don’t waste it on our little islands. I just need to hunt out a mic and get some hot mp3 action happening, it’ll be more reliable clarity anyway. The more voicemails or other content the better, it all sparks off stuff from you guys and that’s what it’s all about.

Scatt
    Participant

This show was so damn funny that I had to pause it several (Several!, mind you!) times because it looked like I was having a nervous breakdown and crying when really it was me convulsing and wiping tears from my eyes from laughing. Laughing!, mind you!

Happy!

Bing
    Participant

109 should absolutely be on the top 10 list so far.

also making the list

-Jerry and Bryan’s deer noises

– I like to make poop! (and rob’s subsequent laughter)

-Hand in my old pants (and Bryan’s near-death laughing fit)

feel free to add your own…..

Octavious
    Participant

I agree with Bing.

Can’t wait the for the Rob – “I hate country music!” album.

Armez
    Participant
    Darth Octavious wrote:
    I agree with Bing.

Can’t wait the for the Rob – “I hate country music!” album.

Speaking of that, I’ve been singing “My penis won’t get hard after the fire” all this week…weird…

YouFollowMe
    Participant

I just want to congratulate you guys for the GREATEST THING ANYONE EVER DID ANYWHERE. Every time you said “happy” my spleen almost blew out from laughing. That whole show was absolute comic genius.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    Armez wrote:
    Brilliant!

“My nether region is burning”

That might explain this from the Orange Lounge.

Armez wrote:
    “My penis wont get hard since the fire”

I’m going to call that number n-n-now

If it doesnโ€™t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Armez
    Participant
    Pa-ul wrote:
    Armez wrote:
    Brilliant!

“My nether region is burning”

That might explain this from the Orange Lounge.

Armez wrote:
    “My penis wont get hard since the fire”

I’m going to call that number n-n-now

Actually I called that number, I called sos today too.

ROSS
    Participant

As this is the first time ive posted in absolutely ages, I’d just like to say that I am just as much (if not more) a Switched:On fan as I ever was, I just thought I’d let you guys know that, because I am aware that recently I havent been quite as active on the board as I would like and I would hate for you to think that you had in any way lost me as a fan, I’ve just been incredibly busy the last couple of months for one reason or another and simply havent had much free time at all, I could go on for ages with more excusses as to why I havent been on in so long but I wont hastle you with other profitless drivel! But now I’ve managed to get everything sorted out over here I should be online more often from now on!
    So anyway, I just finished listening to episode 109 and 108, and I just got to tell you those two shows were absolutely brilliant, they both probably class as some of my favourite shows of all time. It was great to hear Jerry really going for it with his singing, Jerry you really are a musical genious! And the prank calls in 109 were hilarios, along with all the other examples of your guys comical genious. Two really great shows guys, well done and thank you! ๐Ÿ˜€

HAPPY!!!!!

Bucho
    Participant
    ROSS wrote:
    As this is the first time ive posted in absolutely ages, I’d just like to say that I am just as much (if not more) a Switched:On fan as I ever was, I just thought I’d let you guys know that, because I am aware that recently I havent been quite as active on the board as I would like and I would hate for you to think that you had in any way lost me as a fan, I’ve just been incredibly busy the last couple of months for one reason or another and simply havent had much free time at all, I could go on for ages with more excusses as to why I havent been on in so long but I wont hastle you with other profitless drivel! But now I’ve managed to get everything sorted out over here I should be online more often from now on!

You and your fuckin excuses. I still love you Ross. NBNGL.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.