:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Show 102

• Comments Off on Show 102

Show 102

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    cinemafreak
    Participant

The Pork and Beans quote is from Granpa Jack and the Disfunctional Home Show on In Living Color.
    Always loved that bit.

Speaking of bits, I got a great idea guys. How about we cover the letters of the alphabet, since you guys play that fucking color memory game the past two episodes. Jesus Christ, can we maybe cover the numbers next?

You see, I just put my kids in front of the ol iPod and let them learn from Uncles Rob, Brian and Jerry. Cheaper than fucking daycare..

Version3
    Keymaster

Was the color game that bad? We really recapped on 102, not played. If we were to play a numbers version, Rob would rule all.

rob
    Participant
    Quote:
    If we were to play a numbers version, Rob would rule all.

I know, man, the world would darken like fuckin’ Gandalf in Fellowship of the Ring.

Scatt
    Participant

That was fucking great and so damn true when Jerry talked about throwing in an old unmarked VHS and it’s some old Donahue episode with 1987 commericals.

“When the hell’d I tape this?…”

Version3
    Keymaster

Anyone notice the VHS tape artwork supplied with this show?

Does anyone even view the artwork?

cinemafreak
    Participant

No, my point is, we’re listening to you guys name off the colors of the rainbow. It’s a memory game. Is anyone playing the home version whilst our intrepid hosts play? I don’t. But the problem is, you guys sometimes say something funny, and I don’t want to miss the fuckin’ funny. Damnit all to hell. Why can’t you guys just be fuckin’ boring during those times, so I can skip it. But no, I gotta sit around and listen to you go through a fuckin’ crayon box, just to hear something that’s gonna make me spew coffee on my monitor.

Damnit it all.

Version3
    Keymaster

I think I get your point, but keep in mind, it’s these odd little brain exercises, off the wall subject matter mixed with the everyday conversations that allows us (mostly those two) to come up with coffee spewing material. If we limited it to any one thing, like butt sex… we’d be Yawn and Spew. Or just about what’s going on in our lives, it would be any of 10,000 boring kitchen table shows. If we just did ‘funny bits’ we’d sound just as staged as morning radio. If we did not nothing but prank calls and crap, we’d be ripping someone else off. It’s that natural flow of things, mixed with things that we do to try to make ourselves think more than makes us switched:ON… sometimes we stall, and sometimes we drag you the long way around the block to get there. But we get there more often than most I think.

Believe me, there are tons of in-depth conversations, and drilled into the ground conversations I’d love to have on the show if only we’d been recording every second of our lives. How about Bryan and Robby’s break down of movie genres, until there were only 2 genres… THAT’s a long show.

rob
    Participant

No kidding — the movie genres DID take a while, but it was a fun conversation. And dude — that frickin’ VHS tape made me laugh out loud and almost broke a rib.

Version3
    Keymaster

-khich- did you hear that? That was Rob’s rib it went -khich-

BSherrod
    Participant

Since you were talking about the super bass shit from the early 90’s, which show was it that you played the bass test or do you have a copy of it?

Scatt
    Participant
    Quote:
    Does anyone even view the artwork?

I saw the tape. I check out the artwork every time.

I was super-envious that I wasn’t involved in that conversation about music with Bing. That was superbly good stuff.

Newman
    Participant

Viewing artwork depends, if I listen off my iPod I will, but if its off my Mac Mini I sometimes forget.

Bing
    Participant

I listen on a *gasp* PC.

What is this artwork you guys are talking about?

Version3
    Keymaster

Are you listening on iTunes? If so, the newer versions (I believe this is true on PC too) should have an album art section in the bottom left corner of the iTunes interface. You may also be able to see it all be looking at our shows in the iTunes music store.

Newman
    Participant

10-4 on the PC crap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.