:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Ryan vs Dorkman 2

• Comments Off on Ryan vs Dorkman 2

Ryan vs Dorkman 2

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Ryan vs Dorkman 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Bing
    Participant

I posted the original here a while back. The “sequel” is on youtube now.

If you want to see the best amatuer lightsaber fight (and movie worthy IMO) then go here and watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-is63goeBgc

πŸ˜† 😯 πŸ˜† 😯

Bing
    Participant

I posted the original here a while back. The “sequel” is on youtube now.

If you want to see the best amatuer lightsaber fight (and movie worthy IMO) then go here and watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-is63goeBgc

πŸ˜† 😯 πŸ˜† 😯

rob
    Participant

There are some kickass ideas in that. In fact — they can really cover action well. Had a very cinematic, non-amateurish quality to it. Thanks, Bing!

rob
    Participant

There are some kickass ideas in that. In fact — they can really cover action well. Had a very cinematic, non-amateurish quality to it. Thanks, Bing!

Version3
    Keymaster

Once again….

Yes, there is some skill in the digital work, and yes there is some great effort being put into saber choreography… BUT, again this looks like what it is, just an excited attempt to cram everything they can do into one short. Cool addition of the cut metal/molten metal stuff. Overdone, of course. Cool addition of the out of hand saber tricks… oh, overdone again. Bad use of stances (I hate when people copy existing character stances for lack of geniune creativity) and I hate even more when these folks have no defined looking style. It’s a fictional universe, you can do anything you want and you choose to just copy others. Fuck that.

Oh yeah, and I’ll give them props on improved camera moves/shots, but deduct a ton for mediocre looking footage. All that time spent in digital land, and it still looks just like uncle bob’s handy cam. I think I’m hard on them because they obviously have some technical talent, but seem to lack creativity or directing abilities. Buy/Make a fucking costume guys!

Even better, concentrate on a story, have someone else write and direct it, then put one of these great fight sequences in there, and minimize the high-visual impact moves. Use one or two, then go back to an actual story. Getting other talent involved would be the key for these guys. They can obviously handle the technical stuff.

Version3
    Keymaster

Once again….

Yes, there is some skill in the digital work, and yes there is some great effort being put into saber choreography… BUT, again this looks like what it is, just an excited attempt to cram everything they can do into one short. Cool addition of the cut metal/molten metal stuff. Overdone, of course. Cool addition of the out of hand saber tricks… oh, overdone again. Bad use of stances (I hate when people copy existing character stances for lack of geniune creativity) and I hate even more when these folks have no defined looking style. It’s a fictional universe, you can do anything you want and you choose to just copy others. Fuck that.

Oh yeah, and I’ll give them props on improved camera moves/shots, but deduct a ton for mediocre looking footage. All that time spent in digital land, and it still looks just like uncle bob’s handy cam. I think I’m hard on them because they obviously have some technical talent, but seem to lack creativity or directing abilities. Buy/Make a fucking costume guys!

Even better, concentrate on a story, have someone else write and direct it, then put one of these great fight sequences in there, and minimize the high-visual impact moves. Use one or two, then go back to an actual story. Getting other talent involved would be the key for these guys. They can obviously handle the technical stuff.

Bing
    Participant

yeah, well….

You’re a big poopie-head

I guess I sure told him!!!

NBLIANGW

Bing
    Participant

yeah, well….

You’re a big poopie-head

I guess I sure told him!!!

NBLIANGW

Octavious
    Participant

Didn’t one of them die in the first, maybe both. Well at least this time they weren’t rolling around like Padme and Anakin at Naboo. Did you notice in the credit there are a ton of producers, WTF.

Now, which one is Ryan and the other Dorkman. The guy with the yellow lightsaber that thru the blue at the guy that wielded the blue saber, how come he didn’t see that comin’.

But for me, I seen this video about 3 years ago, not be the best CG but one of the best fights.
    Art of Saber

Octavious
    Participant

Didn’t one of them die in the first, maybe both. Well at least this time they weren’t rolling around like Padme and Anakin at Naboo. Did you notice in the credit there are a ton of producers, WTF.

Now, which one is Ryan and the other Dorkman. The guy with the yellow lightsaber that thru the blue at the guy that wielded the blue saber, how come he didn’t see that comin’.

But for me, I seen this video about 3 years ago, not be the best CG but one of the best fights.
    Art of Saber

Bing
    Participant
    Darth Octavious wrote:

Art of Saber

The long list was of people that donated $$$

Dorkman is yellow
    Ryan is blue

(Ryan is the one that used to work at LucasArts)

I still think this is the most awesomest fight by amateurs ever, even better than Bucho versus DJohnson.
    And anyone who disagrees with me is a poopie-head

Bing
    Participant
    Darth Octavious wrote:

Art of Saber

The long list was of people that donated $$$

Dorkman is yellow
    Ryan is blue

(Ryan is the one that used to work at LucasArts)

I still think this is the most awesomest fight by amateurs ever, even better than Bucho versus DJohnson.
    And anyone who disagrees with me is a poopie-head

Bucho
    Participant

I haven’t seen a lot of these amateur light sabre duels but I think this is technically the best I’ve seen. It gets boring with no dialogue though, there’s no character to these guys so no drama or tension. They should’ve set it up so that we know why they’re fighting and then had some trash talking during the battle because as it is it’s not a fight, it’s a technical demonstration. I want to believe in the hate and there is nothing there.

When me and DJohnson go head to head you better believe we crack off the one-liners with no holds barred, plus we have history what with me taping over his video of Tonya Harding’s Greatest Hits and him impregnating all seven of my sisters.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Participant

I haven’t seen a lot of these amateur light sabre duels but I think this is technically the best I’ve seen. It gets boring with no dialogue though, there’s no character to these guys so no drama or tension. They should’ve set it up so that we know why they’re fighting and then had some trash talking during the battle because as it is it’s not a fight, it’s a technical demonstration. I want to believe in the hate and there is nothing there.

When me and DJohnson go head to head you better believe we crack off the one-liners with no holds barred, plus we have history what with me taping over his video of Tonya Harding’s Greatest Hits and him impregnating all seven of my sisters.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

BSherrod
    Participant

Ryan vs. Dorkman is heavily hyped and deservedly so, this is very much a fan pleaser of a video. They camera’s they used are bad ass (It’s a Panasonic HD whose model number i can’t think of right now), the choreography is top notch for amateurs, and the first one got one of the guys a job at ILM. Brian, what do you want from a fan film? I’d like to see what you haven’t seen yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.