:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rusty’s Music – I need help!

• Comments Off on Rusty’s Music – I need help!

Rusty’s Music – I need help!

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Rusty’s Music – I need help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant

http://hard2reed.com/music/Possesion.mp3

good times, man.

Tell me what you think.

Also – Possession was misspelled intentionally..

rob
    Participant

I’m confused and surprised. It’s…well, it’s different. Constructively, unless your intention is to baffle, you might want to work on a coherent flow. As it is, it seems disjointed. I don’t want, in any way, to impede your creativity, Rusty. You obviously have some talent, you just need to hone it a little.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Thanks, Rob.

It’s really supposed to be a little strange, but I’ve posted it a couple different places, and I’ve heard that the beginning and end are too long. What would I do to make it flow better?

Also, confused and surprised? Why?

rob
    Participant

Confused about the song, surprised at the talent. It’s not a secret that our collective intelligence is higher than, say, any shift at any given McDonald’s, but I was surprised at the technical prowess, I guess.

As far as flow goes…well, intro, verse, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus. It’s probably why I have so many unfinished songs myself. These different ideas didn’t go together, and I couldn’t complete the entire thought, so they were left abandoned. For an example of good flow in instrumental songs, I would look to none other than Aphex Twin. His body of work is daunting, but there are many good songs in there, not only with style and weirdness, but you can see the somewhat classically trained order of his songs.

thx_1227
    Participant

Hmmm, I can’t get the link to work. I’ll try again in a bit…

El Rustirino
    Participant

I don’t know why the link isn’t working. It’s working for me.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Ha ha, okay, listening to Come to Daddy. Now I get “I WANT YOUR SOUL”

thx_1227
    Participant

Is that Jerry screaming at the end?

El Rustirino
    Participant

No, but I wish it was…

El Rustirino
    Participant

Alright, working on a new song. I’ve been working on this for a month or so, and I haven’t been able to find the right way to start it.

This is what I’ve got so far:

http://hard2reed.com/music/Entir.mp3

What I’m trying to capture here is the feeling of being in a cyberpunk cityscape, a hectic maze. In particular, a kind of rave-y sound. If this were to become some sort of album, Entir would follow Possesion, because Possesion is a sort of a bridge to that city- actually, it’s probably good for me to explain the whole concept for this album.

If this were to happen the way I would like it to, this would be a kind of concept album about a person’s journey from a place that is far away from civilization, to a futuristic city filled with hectic movement, loud sounds, and an overwhelming since of machinery, with no humanity left except for this person who has come from a place not contaminated by technology.

So, Possesion is what I see as the second track, and Entir’s the third. The first would be a more natural sounding song, and Entir would be its complete opposite.

Anyway, I need a little assistance starting this. No idea where to go with it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.