:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rusty’s Audio Software Crap

• Comments Off on Rusty’s Audio Software Crap

Rusty’s Audio Software Crap

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Rusty’s Audio Software Crap

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant

As I was SAYING (rob), I record in Garageband, and I really don’t think it has the capabilities that I would like it to have..

rob
    Participant

Again, my apologies for apparently being delete-happy.

Version3
    Keymaster

Shit, I wish I could remember my response.

What capabilities is it you are looking for? Peak isn’t going to provide you much more than stereo recording, effects processing (I like that you can apply them to the incoming audio) and cut/copy/paste type editing. For a better editing experience, the production suite type stuff (like Logic) would be better.

El Rustirino
    Participant

I would like to have a show where I can record for an hour and possibly edit a little bit.

Peak sounds good, I may go for that.

Version3
    Keymaster

I don’t like how it runs on the Intel… I’m thinking about switching quite honestly. I just haven’t figured out if Logic can really replace it. I need to get in there and discover.

El Rustirino
    Participant

I’m on intel. Hm.

Version3
    Keymaster

I think most of my issues are related to my older VST plugins, but the whole product is a little behind the times. It was just the closest equivalent I could find to Soundforge (of which there really is none).

El Rustirino
    Participant

Because I actually need other stuff like mics, headphones, mixer, etc, I may just record into Soundtrack pro, the only thing I have on my computer downstairs at the moment.

thx_1227
    Participant

It sounds like you favor a more complex program, but if you are just recording and editing voice, Audacity is always good. I know it has its limits, but it’s free.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’ve used Soundtrack Pro recently for this kind of stuff, multiple mics sound input and such… it’s not without it’s issues, and some of them make ‘live’ type recording a problem unless you can dedicate the machine to record and not be touched at all. For anything. I like the ability to multitrack record, makes it easy to isolate things later if you choose to. Do what I do, make sure you have a backup running too. 😉

El Rustirino
    Participant

I have no idea how to multitrack record on it, though.

And Audacity just pisses me off.

thx_1227
    Participant
    El Rustirino wrote:
    I have no idea how to multitrack record on it, though.

And Audacity just pisses me off.

Well your hardware must have multi-track capabilities. What are using? If it is USB, then it probably will only record a stereo track…

El Rustirino
    Participant

I’m not using anything right now, that’s something I’m solving on Christmas.

When I do, it’ll be a Alesis Multimix 6, so I assume it will record multitrack.

Version3
    Keymaster

it won’t. This is an analog mixer and will not give you any digital interface to your computer. You’d have to just use your line in, if you have one. Stereo only and less than ideal.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Shit. And here I was, thinking it would be an ideal alternative to this expensive monstrosity.

Damnit. I am on a budget.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.