:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

RSS Feed Down?

• Comments Off on RSS Feed Down?

RSS Feed Down?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    thx_1227
    Participant

I went to go download a bunch of SOS episodes, but alas I get hit with a 404 file not found.

SAY IT ISNT SO

If it is so, I’ll totally host an archive feed on my server if the captain grants permission and the files.

Bucho
    Participant

Looks like the “Listen” page is down too, I (uneducatedly) guess because it populates from the RSS?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

I was quite sure I’d replied to this.

It is down, maybe forever. Our show is one of those things that to the ears of someone who doesn’t get it, could be really bad. ‘Cancel culture’ being what it is now, companies like the one I work for claim all sorts of ‘no tolerance’ for things and although I loved our time doing the SOS show, I like being able to pay my bills and feed my kids much more.

Maybe one day it will return, as something I can be sure isn’t accessible by the general public. That is a project for free time; something I really don’t have much of any more.

thx_1227
    Participant

I totally get it man, definitely do what you need to do. If it’s OK with you I would be more than happy to set up an archive RSS that isn’t published anywhere for the SOS faithful here. I definitely understand if that’s too much liability of leaking out still, but if it all possible I would love to get a hold of the shows for my personal collection. My dumb self did not back them up and now I’m really sad 🙁

Version3
    Keymaster

I really don’t think we want a feed out there anywhere… but I’d be happy to get you access to all of them. Give me a few days to start archiving them on my gigantor Dropbox account, and I’ll share a folder out for a while so that you can get whatever you want out of there.

thx_1227
    Participant

That’d be amazing. The holidays just wouldn’t be the same without pawpaw.

Bucho
    Participant

I was quite sure I’d replied to this. It is down, maybe forever. Our show is one of those things that to the ears of someone who doesn’t get it, could be really bad. ‘Cancel culture’ being what it is now, companies like the one I work for claim all sorts of ‘no tolerance’ for things and although I loved our time doing the SOS show, I like being able to pay my bills and feed my kids much more. Maybe one day it will return, as something I can be sure isn’t accessible by the general public. That is a project for free time; something I really don’t have much of any more.

Fair call Captain, I love the show of course but I 1138% get where you’re coming from.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    Participant

I agree with things.

Ben
    Participant

I also have all the episodes I can make available through here if you need, or if you want a specific one I can give you a temporary link with https://tmp.ninja/

Ben
    Participant

Right now the whole archive is about 18Gb – I might be missing some of the latest episodes though so I would have to check. This is with compressed mp3s in a .7z archive. Typically with newer podcasts I take them and convert to Opus format, which can reduce the size by 30-60%. I don’t have the complete archive here in Canada, it’s in the US, but I will convert it and have the whole archive in that format as well.

I maintain a few archival projects with assorted websites online, so I’ll always have a pack of SoS episodes if anyone needs ’em.

This reminds me that I should probably make the mega-pack with all the episodes and the video podcasts as well, mostly for my own purposes

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Ben.
    thx_1227
    Participant

Man I would love to get ahold of the whole archive if possible!

Ben
    Participant

If the captain doesn’t get you a link by March, I will get one posted here then (I have all my archives in Chicago and I am in Canada until then)

Ben
    Participant

I will have the link ready for you soon. I would eventually like to get the .mp3 files again from Bryan if possible, .opus is good but in Archival, you want to have the source media backed up always.

Ben
    Participant

I’ll post it here tomorrow and keep it up until I know you got it. Unless I hear otherwise from the captain.

thx_1227
    Participant

Bless you brotha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.