:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rosell P. is a nasty trash mouthed whore. I can prove it.

• Comments Off on Rosell P. is a nasty trash mouthed whore. I can prove it.

Rosell P. is a nasty trash mouthed whore. I can prove it.

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Rosell P. is a nasty trash mouthed whore. I can prove it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Jor-El
    Participant

Let me just state that I have never claimed to be very computer savvy. Or a very good speller. I don’t know all of the terms that many people know about newtorks, etc… For the most part it’s boring to me. But I always regret not understanding it better when I have to deal with someone trying to help me with it, who knows very little about it as well. Maybe not so much that they don’t know much, maybe they just don’t have more logical and efficient solutions.

My issue: I have one Apple MacBook Pro connecting wireless via ‘Airport’ to a Linksys WRT54G wireless router successfully. I have an Apple iBook G4 unsuccessfully not connecting wrielessly by the same means whereas. The main issue is I don’t know the password to the router that I’m being prompted for. So I decided to get some online help.

The following is a conversation between Linksys Support and myself. “I already told you…I’m not using a PC, ass. Pay attention.”

Rosell P. (10550): Hi, my name is Rosell P. (10550). How may I help you?
    Jerry: Having trouble figuring out what my password is.
    Jerry: I’m using 2 Macs. One has access and the other is asking me to enter the password. Using ‘Airport’.
    Jerry: I tried the default ‘admin’ but it appears that ‘Airport is expecting an 8 character password.
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay.
    Rosell P. (10550): I am so sorry for that.
    Rosell P. (10550): Just to verify, are you going to access the setup page of your device?
    Jerry: Are you talking about the router?
    Rosell P. (10550): Yes.
    Jerry: I can if you can walk me through it.
    Jerry: I’m currently connected wireless through the one Mac that is successfully online.
    Rosell P. (10550): All right.
    Rosell P. (10550): Let us make sure I got your concern correctly.
    Rosell P. (10550): The other one PC is asking for your password when you will connect it wirelessly, am I right?
    Jerry: Yes, but it is not a PC. It is a Mac as well.
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay, I am so sorry.
    Jerry: Both have the ‘Apple Airport’ wireless cards.
    Rosell P. (10550): Just to verify, it won’t ask for password when if it just be wired, right?
    Jerry: It’s not wired. It’s wireless.
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay, thank you for that information.
    Rosell P. (10550): It will be the wireless password that you have set on your router.
    Rosell P. (10550): You can check it at the setup page of the router under wireless tab.
    Jerry: How do I get access to the set up page to see the tab that you are talking about?
    Rosell P. (10550): Sorry. Please double click the Internet Explorer icon. On the Address bar, type:192.168.1.1, then hit Enter. A login screen will appear. Type admin for the password and leave the username blank or empty then hit “OK”.
    If it doesn’t take “admin” as the password then you might have changed it when you first configured the router, so, please try other passwords.

Jerry: Does it have to be IE or can I use another browser such as Safari?
    Rosell P. (10550): Nay browser will do, Jerry.
    Jerry: Let me see what happens. Please stand by.
    Rosell P. (10550): Sure.
    Jerry: no luck with typing ‘admin’
    Jerry: Why does the login box say a different router name than mine?
    Rosell P. (10550): I see.
    Rosell P. (10550): We’ll check it.
    Rosell P. (10550): You have WRT54G, right?
    Jerry: I’m using a Wireless-G WRT54G but the window says WRT54GL
    Rosell P. (10550): Thank you.
    Jerry: Would it be easier to start fresh as if I just bought it?
    Rosell P. (10550): Please check at the router’s underneath part please to have the exact model.
    Jerry: WRT54G v4
    Rosell P. (10550): We’ll check first the gateway. Please double click the Internet Explorer icon. On the Address bar, type:192.168.1.1, then hit Enter. A login screen will appear. Type admin for the password and leave the username blank or empty then hit “OK”.
    If it doesn’t take “admin” as the password then you might have changed it when you first configured the router, so, please try other passwords.

Jerry: I already did that. I don’t know the password it may be. I didn’t set it up.
    Rosell P. (10550): I see. Did you receive any error messages? If so, what were they?
    Rosell P. (10550): Are you still there, Jerry?
    Jerry: The box goes away then comes back prompting me to try again.
    Rosell P. (10550): Do you have another PC?
    Jerry: I’m not using PCs. I have two Apple computers. This one I’m talking to you on (Macbook Pro) and the one I’m trying to get online (iBook G4).
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay. Do you know how to access TCP/IP?
    Jerry: Tell me. I’ve seen those terms before.
    Rosell P. (10550): From the Finder (desktop) click on the Apple menu, then click on the System Preferences option.

Jerry: ok
    Rosell P. (10550): From the Finder (desktop) click on the Apple menu, then click on the System Preferences option.

Jerry: I did.
    Jerry: Next
    Rosell P. (10550): When the “Network Preferences” pane opens, select AirPort under the “Show” section.

Jerry: Ok, next.
    Rosell P. (10550): Do you have TCP/IP there?
    Jerry: Yes, I do.
    Rosell P. (10550): What’s the default gateway?
    Jerry: Is there another term for gateway? I don’t see that word. I see IP Address, Configure IPv4, Subnet Mask, Router, DNS Servers, DHCP Client ID???
    Rosell P. (10550): Router.
    Jerry: The (Macbook Pro) shows 192.168.1.1 The (iBook G4) shows nothing.
    Rosell P. (10550): Please use the PC you’re using in chatting with me, okay?
    Jerry: I’m not on a PC. I’m on an Apple.
    Rosell P. (10550): Sorry.
    Rosell P. (10550): I mean, please use the Apple.
    Jerry: Ok, what’s next?
    Rosell P. (10550): Open a browser.
    Jerry: Ok, I have opened the Safari browser.
    Rosell P. (10550): Please type in at the adddress bar: 192.168.1.1
    Jerry: Ok. Then do I press enter?
    Rosell P. (10550): Please check if you have the web page or Setup page.
    Jerry: I get a dialogue box that pops up, once again, prompting me as follows.
    Jerry: “To view this page, you need to log in to “WRT54GL” on 192.168.1.1 Your password will be sent in the clear.” followed by Name: Password:
    Jerry: Hello?
    Jerry: Rosell, are you still there?
    Rosell P. (10550): Hi.
    Rosell P. (10550): Sorry for that.
    Jerry: What’s up?
    Rosell P. (10550): Did you set static IP address on your MAC address?>
    Jerry: Should I have? and where should I do that?
    Rosell P. (10550): Step 1:
    Click the Apple icon, select Location, then choose Automatic.

Rosell P. (10550): Step 2:
    Select Built-in Ethernet under Show.

Step 3:
    Click the TCP/IP tab and select Using DHCP under Configure or Configure IPv4.

Step 4:
    Leave the Search domains or Additional search domains fields blank.

Rosell P. (10550): Yes, can you see my replies?
    Jerry: Ok, looking.
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay./
    Jerry: Hang tight. I’m following the steps. I didn’t know you wanted me to hook an ethernet cable up.
    Rosell P. (10550): Yes, sorry.
    Jerry: Ok, I’m caught up. Next.
    Rosell P. (10550): Step 5:
    Click Apply Now.

Jerry: There is no ‘Apply Now’ to click. Do you mean something else?
    Rosell P. (10550): What do you have there?
    Jerry: Let me be clear. The button ‘Apply Now’ is there but it isn’t active.
    Rosell P. (10550): Did you enter values under IP address, Subnet Mask and Router?
    Jerry: This is rediculous. Who goes through this much trouble to set this thing up? No I didn’t enter any of those values. I wouldn’t have any idea what to put there. With ‘Configure IPv4:’ set to (Using DHCP) you don’t have the option to enter values in those fields. Is there a Mac person there?
    Rosell P. (10550): Sorry for that, please hang on for I will look to make sure it will work.
    Jerry: This took 10 minutes the first time I set it up. How long have we been talking? Not to be short, I’m sorry. It just should have been easier than all of this.
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay, I am so sorry for that. We don’t have MAC experts as of now but I have a link which tells how to connect http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=540&p_created=1084216752&p_sid=Odpkb_7i&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=145&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZ
    wX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NDMwJnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vy
    cy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9zY2ZfbGFuZz0xJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9d2lyZWxlc3MgYWRhcHRlcg**&p_li=&p_topview=1
    Jerry: No wonder we are getting nowhere. The link you sent me is outdated.
    Jerry: Nevermind, I’ll figure this out on my own..

I like titties.

Jor-El
    Participant

Let me just state that I have never claimed to be very computer savvy. Or a very good speller. I don’t know all of the terms that many people know about newtorks, etc… For the most part it’s boring to me. But I always regret not understanding it better when I have to deal with someone trying to help me with it, who knows very little about it as well. Maybe not so much that they don’t know much, maybe they just don’t have more logical and efficient solutions.

My issue: I have one Apple MacBook Pro connecting wireless via ‘Airport’ to a Linksys WRT54G wireless router successfully. I have an Apple iBook G4 unsuccessfully not connecting wrielessly by the same means whereas. The main issue is I don’t know the password to the router that I’m being prompted for. So I decided to get some online help.

The following is a conversation between Linksys Support and myself. “I already told you…I’m not using a PC, ass. Pay attention.”

Rosell P. (10550): Hi, my name is Rosell P. (10550). How may I help you?
    Jerry: Having trouble figuring out what my password is.
    Jerry: I’m using 2 Macs. One has access and the other is asking me to enter the password. Using ‘Airport’.
    Jerry: I tried the default ‘admin’ but it appears that ‘Airport is expecting an 8 character password.
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay.
    Rosell P. (10550): I am so sorry for that.
    Rosell P. (10550): Just to verify, are you going to access the setup page of your device?
    Jerry: Are you talking about the router?
    Jerry: I can if you can walk me through it.
    Jerry: I’m currently connected wireless through the one Mac that is successfully online.
    Rosell P. (10550): All right.
    Rosell P. (10550): Let us make sure I got your concern correctly.
    Rosell P. (10550): The other one PC is asking for your password when you will connect it wirelessly, am I right?
    Jerry: Yes, but it is not a PC. It is a Mac as well.
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay, I am so sorry.
    Jerry: Both have the ‘Apple Airport’ wireless cards.
    Rosell P. (10550): Just to verify, it won’t ask for password when if it just be wired, right?
    Jerry: It’s not wired. It’s wireless.
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay, thank you for that information.
    Rosell P. (10550): It will be the wireless password that you have set on your router.
    Rosell P. (10550): You can check it at the setup page of the router under wireless tab.
    Jerry: How do I get access to the set up page to see the tab that you are talking about?
    Rosell P. (10550): Sorry. Please double click the Internet Explorer icon. On the Address bar, type:192.168.1.1, then hit Enter. A login screen will appear. Type admin for the password and leave the username blank or empty then hit “OK”.

Jerry: Does it have to be IE or can I use another browser such as Safari?
    Rosell P. (10550): Nay browser will do, Jerry.
    Jerry: Let me see what happens. Please stand by.
    Rosell P. (10550): Sure.
    Jerry: no luck with typing ‘admin’
    Jerry: Why does the login box say a different router name than mine?
    Rosell P. (10550): I see.
    Rosell P. (10550): We’ll check it.
    Rosell P. (10550): You have WRT54G, right?
    Jerry: I’m using a Wireless-G WRT54G but the window says WRT54GL
    Jerry: Would it be easier to start fresh as if I just bought it?
    Rosell P. (10550): Please check at the router’s underneath part please to have the exact model.
    Jerry: WRT54G v4
    Rosell P. (10550): We’ll check first the gateway. Please double click the Internet Explorer icon. On the Address bar, type:192.168.1.1, then hit Enter. A login screen will appear. Type admin for the password and leave the username blank or empty then hit “OK”.

Jerry: I already did that. I don’t know the password it may be. I didn’t set it up.
    Rosell P. (10550): I see. Did you receive any error messages? If so, what were they?
    Rosell P. (10550): Are you still there, Jerry?
    Jerry: The box goes away then comes back prompting me to try again.
    Rosell P. (10550): Do you have another PC?
    Jerry: I’m not using PCs. I have two Apple computers. This one I’m talking to you on (Macbook Pro) and the one I’m trying to get online (iBook G4).
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay. Do you know how to access TCP/IP?
    Jerry: Tell me. I’ve seen those terms before.

Jerry: ok

Jerry: I did.
    Jerry: Next
    Rosell P. (10550): When the “Network Preferences” pane opens, select AirPort under the “Show” section.

Rosell P. (10550): Do you have TCP/IP there?
    Jerry: Yes, I do.
    Rosell P. (10550): What’s the default gateway?
    Jerry: Is there another term for gateway? I don’t see that word. I see IP Address, Configure IPv4, Subnet Mask, Router, DNS Servers, DHCP Client ID???
    Rosell P. (10550): Router.
    Jerry: The (Macbook Pro) shows 192.168.1.1 The (iBook G4) shows nothing.
    Rosell P. (10550): Please use the PC you’re using in chatting with me, okay?
    Jerry: I’m not on a PC. I’m on an Apple.
    Rosell P. (10550): Sorry.
    Rosell P. (10550): I mean, please use the Apple.
    Jerry: Ok, what’s next?
    Rosell P. (10550): Open a browser.
    Jerry: Ok, I have opened the Safari browser.
    Rosell P. (10550): Please type in at the adddress bar: 192.168.1.1
    Jerry: Ok. Then do I press enter?
    Rosell P. (10550): Please check if you have the web page or Setup page.
    Jerry: I get a dialogue box that pops up, once again, prompting me as follows.
    Jerry: “To view this page, you need to log in to “WRT54GL” on 192.168.1.1 Your password will be sent in the clear.” followed by Name: Password:
    Jerry: Rosell, are you still there?
    Rosell P. (10550): Hi.
    Rosell P. (10550): Sorry for that.
    Jerry: What’s up?
    Rosell P. (10550): Did you set static IP address on your MAC address?>
    Jerry: Should I have? and where should I do that?
    Rosell P. (10550): Step 1:
    Click the Apple icon, select Location, then choose Automatic.

Rosell P. (10550): Step 2:
    Select Built-in Ethernet under Show.

Step 3:
    Click the TCP/IP tab and select Using DHCP under Configure or Configure IPv4.

Step 4:
    Leave the Search domains or Additional search domains fields blank.

Rosell P. (10550): Yes, can you see my replies?
    Jerry: Ok, looking.
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay./
    Jerry: Hang tight. I’m following the steps. I didn’t know you wanted me to hook an ethernet cable up.
    Rosell P. (10550): Yes, sorry.
    Jerry: Ok, I’m caught up. Next.
    Rosell P. (10550): Step 5:
    Click Apply Now.

Jerry: There is no ‘Apply Now’ to click. Do you mean something else?
    Rosell P. (10550): What do you have there?
    Jerry: Let me be clear. The button ‘Apply Now’ is there but it isn’t active.
    Rosell P. (10550): Did you enter values under IP address, Subnet Mask and Router?
    Jerry: This is rediculous. Who goes through this much trouble to set this thing up? No I didn’t enter any of those values. I wouldn’t have any idea what to put there. With ‘Configure IPv4:’ set to (Using DHCP) you don’t have the option to enter values in those fields. Is there a Mac person there?
    Rosell P. (10550): Sorry for that, please hang on for I will look to make sure it will work.
    Jerry: This took 10 minutes the first time I set it up. How long have we been talking? Not to be short, I’m sorry. It just should have been easier than all of this.
    Rosell P. (10550): Okay, I am so sorry for that. We don’t have MAC experts as of now but I have a link which tells how to connect http://linksys.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/linksys.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=540&p_created=1084216752&p_sid=Odpkb_7i&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=145&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZ
    wX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NDMwJnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnBfY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vy
    cy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmcF9zY2ZfbGFuZz0xJnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9d2lyZWxlc3MgYWRhcHRlcg**&p_li=&p_topview=1
    Jerry: No wonder we are getting nowhere. The link you sent me is outdated.
    Jerry: Nevermind, I’ll figure this out on my own.

I like titties.

Jor-El
    Participant

Next time I’ll have a droid do my dirty work.

I like titties.

Jor-El
    Participant

Next time I’ll have a droid do my dirty work.

I like titties.

Jor-El
    Participant

Fuckers.

I like titties.

Jor-El
    Participant

Fuckers.

I like titties.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’ll fix this with you tomorrow dude, my hands will probably know the password anyway.

BTW I editing the link in your message to keep from having to scroll sideways.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’ll fix this with you tomorrow dude, my hands will probably know the password anyway.

BTW I editing the link in your message to keep from having to scroll sideways.

rob
    Participant

I hate support people. They’re like stupid pygmy dingledorks, only not as hairy.

?

rob
    Participant

I hate support people. They’re like stupid pygmy dingledorks, only not as hairy.

?

Frank
    Participant

In my head, I hear HAL saying “I’m sorry, Jerry.” Anybody else get that feeling, too?

Frank
    Participant

In my head, I hear HAL saying “I’m sorry, Jerry.” Anybody else get that feeling, too?

Octavious
    Participant

Fuckers, they are no better than Dell. Since working at this job, we bought 12 desktop computers and out of them 2 didn’t work. One was for the monitor, it took an hour and the asshole kept on saying “ok”, then we found out it was we who f’up and then fix it with ease. Then the second call took 3 fucking hours. I don’t know why the IT guy took that long, he just said that he needed to waste his and the “computer customer serivce” time.

Octavious
    Participant

Fuckers, they are no better than Dell. Since working at this job, we bought 12 desktop computers and out of them 2 didn’t work. One was for the monitor, it took an hour and the asshole kept on saying “ok”, then we found out it was we who f’up and then fix it with ease. Then the second call took 3 fucking hours. I don’t know why the IT guy took that long, he just said that he needed to waste his and the “computer customer serivce” time.

Frank
    Participant

Time=money. Most of these places charge by the hour, so if they can keep you on the phone for a long period of time, that’s more money in their pocket.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.