:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob’s Review: The Happening

• Comments Off on Rob’s Review: The Happening

Rob’s Review: The Happening

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Rob’s Review: The Happening

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

You know how when people say, “Man, that movie sucks,” and you think to yourself, oh it can’t be that bad, so you watch it anyway? Let me save you some time – just don’t watch this one. This is the worst movie I’ve seen in years, and yes, I saw Ghost Rider. There’s not one line of believable dialogue, seriously, and this is Mark Wahlberg’s worst performance ever, and that’s including the Funky Bunch. It’s like some fuckin’ stupid high school kids wrote a shifty fuckin’ script and filmed it. It’s almost hard to believe that this guy directed the Sixth Sense and Signs.

When it comes out on DVD and you go to rent it because there’s nothing else, just try to remember what I’ve said. There’s not one minute of enjoyment.

I can’t believe I hated it this bad..

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah me either. It wasn’t any good, but I wouldn’t have labled it as total suck. -and I’d NEVER put it below Ghost Rider. The only thing that Ghost Rider had on this movie is that everyone already expected it to suck.

Agreed on most points, just not to the extreme you express them. Maybe you are extra irritated at it because you expect more from both Mark and MNS? By the way, that Zooey chick sucks all of the time.

rob
    Participant

I can’t really say I ever expect much from Mark Wahlberg, but come on, Night! What was that?

Version3
    Keymaster

I think Wahlberg can be good, but I think he requires direction… under MNS I expected he would be really good. He’ll never be great because I think he fails to make thought and emotion extremely evident. -However, he’s a great every-man with the ability to go beyond the everyday when it’s what the role requires. I like his acting better than I like a ton of actors they just jam into movies, so yeah I expected a bit more from him.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.