:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob’s Review: Kingdom of Heaven: Director’s Cut

• Comments Off on Rob’s Review: Kingdom of Heaven: Director’s Cut

Rob’s Review: Kingdom of Heaven: Director’s Cut

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Rob’s Review: Kingdom of Heaven: Director’s Cut

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

Has anyone seen the theatrical cut of this movie? I thought it was okay. I was left with a real “eh” kind of feeling. About a month ago, I read a review of the Director’s Cut 4-disc version of the movie, and they said it was really freakin’ good. So, while I didn’t really care for the theatrical version, I’m a sucker for Ridley Scott, director’s cuts, and in this case, 2 discs of making-of features, so I figured I’d give it a shot. So how was it?

If this was the original release of the movie, not only would it have been in my top movies of the year, but I’m betting it would have been on many critics’ top movies of the year as well.

The original movie was 145 minutes. Not a short movie. The director’s cut is 194(!) minutes, so I was expecting something special. Man, this movie really kicks some serious ace. There’s so much added in, it was almost like seeing it for the first time. I haven’t yet delved into the last two discs of making-of stuff, but I’m sure it’ll be top notch.

So basically, I highly suggest you picking this up, or at the very least, renting it to give it a shot (or in my case, another shot). It really has a lot going for it, so if you like your movies big and epic, you owe it to yourself to seek it out..

Jor-El
    Participant

I saw this in London while I waited for Star Wars to come out I think. Or was that last fall? I liked it even if it kind of had a familiar tone.

I like titties.

Bucho
    Participant

I’ve been pretty curious about this one, mostly cause of Ridley, but 194 minutes of Orlando? Fuuuck duuude …

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.