:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob’s Mini-Show – random January shows…

• Comments Off on Rob’s Mini-Show – random January shows…

Rob’s Mini-Show – random January shows…

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob’s Mini-Show – random January shows…

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 5 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

All the random. Look, the 2nd and 3rd shows – I’m just gonna apologize in advance for those. I wasn’t going to put them out, but I said, hey…no. Hopefully the other ones make up for it, though.

Direct Link: 20190117.mp3

Direct Link: 20190123.mp3

Direct Link: 20190124.mp3

Direct Link: 20190129.mp3

Direct Link: 20190130.mp3

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by rob rob.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by rob rob.
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I said hey … yeah!

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Getting “failed – no file” from the 0131 show Rob.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yep, that’s because I’m an idiot and named them 0129 and 0130 instead of 0130 and 0131. Just updated it. Just renamed 0131 to 0129, so download that one.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by rob rob.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by rob rob.
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Normally I would berate you for being an idiot, but since you’ve cunningly branded yourself as Rob the Idiot I can’t. I would be swinging at air and come off looking like a witless buffoon.

You win this round Rob Michaels.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I win all my battles, except against diverticulitis or unfulfilling jobs.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

LOLS at 0117 about 30:40.

Also, at 34:50, the least surprising thing you’ve ever said.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

All that stuff about getting amongst large social groups, I get it and it’s pretty common I think, especially among comedy people it seems. Not to always bring up Keith and The Girl, but even brash NEW YORK ATTITUDE folks like them have mentioned having the same kinds of social anxieties, and tons of their guests have too.

As for meeting up with SOS listeners, I get it being a little weird from your end because if you meet people who got to know you as an “entertainer” it’d be real easy to feel pressure to be “on” all the “time” if you ever were in their/our company. At least at first. And it can be kind of the the opposite from our end, or at least it’s gone that way when I’ve called into the show or yapped with you on Skype. I’ve listened passively to so many millions of hours of you guys I had to keep reminding myself to snap out of listener mode and be part of the conversation. It’s real easy to go to auto-audience mode in those situations.

Pretty sure it’d all be sweet if/when I finally do get the US and head over to DFW to hang with you guys though. Given we all like to yap about pretty much the same stuff it’s not like we’d have to reach too hard for crap to talk about like can happen in some social situations. Even our wives like MMA and movies quite a bit.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yep, that little clip caught me off guard.

But yeah, the whole meeting up with fans/someone you listen to is fascinating to me.  I think from my end, I’ve never met a SOS listener in person, but when I’ve met celebs/personalities, I feel the need to impress or be memorable.  I find lots of social situations uncomfortable, especially parties with lots of people I don’t know.  It’s probably why alcohol is served in those situations, to loosen people up a bit.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

I always felt if I or any SOS listeners met with you guys, it would be a cool and relaxed hang out. And especially, do a show together.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

And, also especially, go to Six Flags.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I always felt if I or any SOS listeners met with you guys, it would be a cool and relaxed hang out. And especially, do a show together.

Ugh, that would be disgustingly amazing.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Those “bad” episodes weren’t bad at all Rob, you were working out a bunch of interesting stuff in them.

And now your prediction from the 0129 show that one of us would say this has been proven correct.

rob
    rob
    Participant

So it sounds like they were ok…I was worried that they would be boring or even worse, maybe offensive in some way.  Hey, I dunno, I’m shooting from the hip here…

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I don’t know about the others mate, but you and I have real similar politics for the most part so I doubt you’ll ever offend me with any of this stuff. And when you do “current events” then post them 2 weeks later when they’re old news they can still be entertaining because the way you talk yourself through things is interesting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.