:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob’s Mini-Show – November AF…

• Comments Off on Rob’s Mini-Show – November AF…

Rob’s Mini-Show – November AF…

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob’s Mini-Show – November AF…

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

Guys, don’t know what to tell you. I’m all over the place. Hopefully they’re fun to listen to, because they’re still fun to record.

Direct Link: 20181102.mp3

Direct Link: 20181106.mp3

Direct Link: 20181107.mp3

Direct Link: 20181109.mp3

Direct Link: 20181113.mp3

Direct Link: 20181114.mp3

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Yesssssssssssssssssss

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Good stuff Robby, I just finished the one from the 13th. With the Simon Pegg thing, on the one hand I’m appreciative that he had the balls to say what he did – dissing not only the second new Episode, but also the one made by his buddy JJ (and which he’s in), but on the other hand I don’t need to hear any more from anyone for a while who’s down on Star Wars. Unless it’s Jerry or The Captain of course, the other two most important Star Wars commentators in The Galaxy aside from you.

I really liked the ep where you talked about Bill Hicks and his influence too – one of the things I always dug about you was your relationship to his comedy. And of course I get your frustration with the vaping situation over there, you really have to cast a suspicious eye toward Big Pharma/Medicine/Tobacco at all times, especially when decisions being made in high places don’t seem to be the function of anything logical. It’s reminiscent of the way Big Tobacco has demonized weed for so many decades.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, my problem is I continue to read the Star Wars group on Reddit, and it’s such a toxic situation…still!  Think I talk about that on one of these, and that people continue to have unrealistic expectations, and it doesn’t stop at movies…

It’d definitely be interesting to see how BH would react to, oh, the last 25 years or so.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Sure, and it’s not just on the Reddit group, it’s EVERYWHERE groups of more than 7 people are talking about Star Wars. I even agree with some of the criticisms even though I like it overall, but I find I just mentally tune out those who outright dismiss the film even when I’m with them on one or two of their points.

The slight evolution of your attitude toward the Transformers films makes me wonder how you regard the Pirates of the Caribbean movies as a package, because for me there are fairly strong parallels in that I enjoyed the first of each series as an old-fashioned romp but disliked the second and practically ignored the rest.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Downloaded the shows. Rob, I’m surprised you don’t have a vape store.  Be back with more.

rob
    rob
    Participant

The Pirates movies – I feel like I’m one of the few that LOVED the first three movies. Like, at the end of the 2nd movie (Dead Man’s Chest), when Barbossa comes down the stairs with that fuckin’ monkey, I wanted to watch the 3rd right away. I felt like it was exactly the kind of fun brainless entertainment that I just really dig – the scene with Depp, Bloom and that Captain guy on the water wheel thing – one of the best sort of cartoon-come-to-life scenes in a movie since Mouse Hunt (which I also adore). So maybe I’m not the sort of person that should be talking about that one…the 4th. Ovid was dogshit though, and haven’t even watched the 5th one yet.

Funny you say that, Octavious – I would LOVE to have a shop. I think that I’m exactly the sort of guy who should have one. I am super passionate about it, and it seems as close to owning a video store as is possible nowadays. I just can’t see that there’s that much money in it.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

No, the fact you have a different take on then is PRECISELY why YOU should be the one talking about them Rob. The way I look at the prequels has changed over the years and part of the reason is listening to you give your takes on them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.