:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob's Mini-Show – a plethora?

• Comments Off on Rob's Mini-Show – a plethora?

Rob's Mini-Show – a plethora?

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob's Mini-Show – a plethora?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

Here’s another dump of a bunch of crap over the last couple of weeks. The 1st show is about work and football, the 2nd is some movie reviews, the 3rd is a quick short one talking about Louis CK’s recent return, and the last one I talk about some other random downer-type shit. Hopefully there’s some funny stuff in there!

Direct Link: 20180821.mp3

Direct Link: 20180829.mp3

Direct Link: 20180901.mp3

Direct Link: 20180905.mp3

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Good Times!

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Ben
    Ben
    Participant

I’ve been in that situation at work a couple jobs ago, luckily it wasn’t high stakes or anything for me and I quit after about three months. The manager forced us to work way outside our arcs in order to make her look better and get her bonuses up at the end of each quarter, and two of the employees were stream-of-consciousness talkers (mouth didn’t shut over the whole eight hour shift) who would make up shit about other employees based on what they thought of them. They had a direct ear to the manager and it ended up in a whole bunch of shitty “can we have a quick chat” moments in the office.

I didn’t get along with anyone there, it was such a toxic environment as people were just trying to get by and let those people work even though they knew how messed up they were.

I feel for you as it sounds like what you have had to deal with is much worse than me.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I’ve only listened to the first one so far. A lot of funny stuff in it, I’ll listen back once I get to the end of the 4th one and maybe timestamp some of it.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Ben – yeah, the job is…yeah. I think I’m just done with the whole marketing thing. I am pretty good at what I do, but what scares me is that it might not be transferable to a different line of work. Who knows? We’ll see what happens next month.

Happy to hear, Bucho, that at least there’s some funny stuff in there. Just wait until you get to the super-heavy 4th show and you’ll be begging for me to go off the rails again.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Maybe it’s because you warned us, but the 4th one wasn’t too crazy heavy.

Still going to relisten to the first one though

rob
    rob
    Participant

Hm, felt like it was…? Interesting. Of course, there’s been plenty of times when I think “ok, that one sucked” and you guys have ended up liking it, so…?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I just mean if you hadn’t said anything maybe the heaviness would have taken a toll, but since I was expecting it it wasn’t too much of anything.

So thanks for the spoiler.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.