:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20171026

• Comments Off on Rob’s Mini-Show – 20171026

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20171026

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob’s Mini-Show – 20171026

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by rob rob 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

Wow, why did it take me so long to post this?

But yeah, I talk about Twitch. I go on like a moron about all the things preventing me from starting.

Not on the show, but I ended up buying a new capture card, and wouldn’t you know it, they don’t support OBS on Mac, so now I need a new one. Still some things I’ve got to work out. I definitely want to start on Tuesday if I can. We’ll see.

Direct Link: 20171026.mp3

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

In answer to the question of why it took you so long to post this I can only assume it’s because you don’t love us anymore.

I’ll be done with exams at the end of this week, so the chances of me being in your Twitch audience skyrocket after that.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Cool, man. It’s be awesome to have someone to interact with. I know the time difference would be a problem, and that why I was thinking that Saturday mornings for me might be good. But that’s details, man ~ just need to get going.

Capture card comes in today, though!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Every time you start singing one of your goofy songs [2:57] on these things I’m more and more convinced that could be a really solid RobTheIdiot hook/trademark. That and the thing where you have conversations with an imaginary 3rd party played by yourself [3:33]. Also when you bust out a Southern accent [2:31]. Or any accent really, but particularly Southern US and Scottish.

Of course I say that having watched very little of what other Twitch and/or YouTube video game hosts do, so maybe there are already others who do that stuff, but I just know those particular Rob things are particular Rob things which are never not entertaining to me.

I get what you’re saying about Battlegrounds feeling like a slog too. It seems pretty brutal to try and get good at when you got all these hotshots out there. I don’t know if you still feel the same way 2 weeks later, but I get it. I’m actually more looking forward to seeing you get on down with the new Star Wars game single player campaign.

On the time thing, you guys are effectively 5 hours ahead but one day behind so, like, 10am on an American Saturday morning is 5am on a Kiwi Sunday morning. Which might sound like an uncivilized hour but actually works fine for me most of the time as long as I haven’t had some Saturday night social occasion which has kept me up past midnight and those are pretty few and far between these days. I’ve been getting up around 5 for most of my dang fool life because that’s how carpenters roll, so I usually wake up automatically around that time even on Sundays without any alarm clock or rooster or robot butler or anything.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

There’s a bit about 14 minutes in where you go into accents again and then kind of overthink it and half-apologize for it. Why though? Just go with it man. We’re not wondering why you’re doing it. Goofy accents are fun to do – that’s all the reason you need. And if you’re having fun doing them then that’s going to translate to your listeners.

rob
    rob
    Participant

That sounds great. Of course, when it’s time to, we’ll coordinate. I might end up starting earlier than 10 am and then you can call in later or something. Over at the fam’s house today, but when I get home I should be able to get things going. Really just hoping that this new card works better and I can just move on with getting comfortable instead of fighting with technology like I’m John Connor or some shit.

And man – I read Inferno Squad, so maybe that’ll help story-wise with the single player. SO pumped for this game!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.