:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20190530 and 20190603

• Comments Off on Rob’s Mini-Show – 20190530 and 20190603

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20190530 and 20190603

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob’s Mini-Show – 20190530 and 20190603

This topic contains 33 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

And this?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, there were only two, right? I was able to play those last two, but the previous ones had trouble. But damn, you’ve been busy!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Yep, only two. I don’t know about busy though, if anything talking while motoring is too easy. If it actually required work I might consider some kind of quality control.

rob
    rob
    Participant

And now you know why I love doing it! Unfortunately I haven’t either been in the best of moods or been feeling well lately, otherwise there’d be…well, I don’t know how many more, but there’d be more.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Would it help if I withdrew my No Pressure policy and hounded you relentlessly instead?

Because I’m not afraid to do that.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Also, if you ain’t into the idea I threw out there on one of these of doing a Clone Wars/Mandalorian podcast just say it Robby, I’m somewhat on the fence about it myself knowing there’s a risk it could end up feeling like a job and also knowing you’ve never been the type to enjoy any sort of pressure to be entertaining, so if you got a hard no on that one then don’t even worry about it cobber, I can dig it 1138% and I will still love you with the fire of a hundred thousand suns.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Wait…what? How did I miss that? Where? When? I…I don’t know what to say, because this is the first time my brain is registering this idea. More details? Short answer would probably be yes, of course, if it’s what I think it is…

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, nah, I can’t remember which ep it was or if it was on one of the TWO 40ish minute rambles I did over the last fortnight where I got to the end and realized I hadn’t hit record. I was thinking of doing a weekly podcast covering my first watch of Clone Wars when Disney+ launches and figured it would be fun to have you along for the ride as a rewatcher. I listened to Cast of Kings, a Game of Thrones podcast where one host had never read the books and the other had read all the books, and it was a good dynamic.

I have no idea if it’d ever get any traction given how saturated the Star Wars podcast market already is, I just figure I’m going to want to talk about it anyway, and it’s a good topic for a podcast and a show with one host being new to the show and the other being more experienced with it would make for a decent enough hook. As I watch it for the first time I’m going to have a million questions for someone who knows a bunch about the Clones era already and you’re already my favourite Star Wars podcaster even without ever having done an actual Star Wars podcast, so there’s nobody better than you to pitch those questions to, so if we could somehow suss out an hour or so a week to get on the line to each other and record a 30-50 minute show on, say, 3-4 Clone Wars episodes at a time, that might be just crazy enough to work. (It’ll probably be 25 minutes of Clone Wars talk and 20 minutes of tangents to be fair.)

Meanwhile, I don’t know how they’re releasing The Mandalorian and Cassian Andor, whether they’ll be an all-at-once deals or weekly shows, but I’m pretty sure they’re going to be fun as fuck to talk about too. A weekly TV show is set up for a more natural podcast schedule of course but if they launch the full season all at once … I don’t know, I haven’t thought any of this through yet, it just popped into my head a while ago as something that could be a fun time.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Dude, I’m so in. Doing a show later today, and that’s gonna be topic #1.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I got a good feeling about this.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, so here.

Direct Link: 20190618.mp3

I ramble a bit too much, but yeah, I’ve got ideas, and I share some here. Interested to hear your thoughts.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Ok, I’ll listen with my ears.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Heck yeah, that’s cool Robby, stoked you’re into the idea of collaborating on something like this. I haven’t thought too much about the details yet beyond what I’ve suggested above and I sure as heck am not even close to as familiar with Twitch as you are but what you suggest sounds just crazy enough to work.

We also still don’t have a Disney+ launch date for NZ so the Clone Wars rewatch concept I have is far from nailed down and there certainly is no urgent start date for it. Word on the street is Disney plans to “target Western Europe and Asia-Pacific countries by late 2019 and early 2020” so hopefully we won’t be waiting too long.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Bucho Bucho.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by Bucho Bucho.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I own the Clone Wars, so there are definitely ways for me to get that to you, if we want to start earlier than the Disney+ launch – we can talk about that.

It really just comes down to how you’d want to approach/present it. What I love about OBS is the ability to set it up like a TV show, with transitions, multiple inputs, all that – so we could definitely set up a live show type of thing, or even if you’d rather just record and put out audio, we could still use it so that you or I could show something on there.

Is it bad that I just want to quit my job and work on this full-time?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I feel like kicking off a Clone Wars-focused thing in conjunction with the US launch makes sense from the standpoint of trying to bring some kind of audience so maybe I try and get my hands on the show earlier with that November US date in mind.

Maybe we launch earlier with something else though – maybe it’s a good time for me to start watching Resistance or something in the next little while. As kind of a test run or something. But I feel like keeping it fairly focused at first would be the best way to launch it, and if it somehow catches fire even amongst the saturated Star Wars media market we expand it from there?

I don’t know though, like I say I’m much more familiar with the Star Wars podcasting galaxy than I am with the world of Twitch so I’ll need to keep learning more about that aspect of the game from you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.