:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20190415

• Comments Off on Rob’s Mini-Show – 20190415

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20190415

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob’s Mini-Show – 20190415

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

Here it is, my Star Wars Celebration 2019 breakdown. It’s…long. And I still feel like there’s some stuff I didn’t mention, and since I did it yesterday, it doesn’t cover anything that happened yesterday, so there’s probably more to come. I would love to know all of our thoughts on all these announcements as well!

Direct Link: 20190415.mp3

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I’m with you on being a fan of the trailer reaction videos Rob. Plenty are lame and overly self-conscious, but the best ones can be an absolute delight.

Somehow though, even after watching about a couple dozen reaction vids the day the trailer was released I’d never heard of this guy until this morning:

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, he was the one that some assholes was making fun of and then the community sort of rallied around him, along with MH himself. I really just don’t understand people who want to bring others who are obviously passionate and you know, HAPPY, down to their level. It’s just…sad. It’s sad that people are so unhappy in their own lives that, like the typical bully, have to bring other people down to feel good about themselves, or worse yet, for likes and retweets.

But yes…I loved this dude’s reactions, and since I’m super empathetic, I cried along with him. This is why I love Star Wars so much, just the way that it makes me and others feel.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

The dude is a mad man and my hero. Am I talking about Hamill or Butts when I say that? There’s literally no way to tell.

My favourite for a while was Greg aka Ryan, the Reel Rejects dude, because he couldn’t control his face and his mouth would make stupid shapes. These days Tyrone Magnus is always fun and usually the first one I check out. Also Lauren Stardust for being ludicrously adorable. Also find Grace Randolph from Beyond the Trailer with that voice she always does. Also the MackeyFam. This kid and her pals cracked me up too: https://youtu.be/V_u25Vff9vk

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I also did this, which is now the best video in the history of YouTube, don’t even try to pretend it isn’t or that I don’t make much sense in it

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Trailer was great! The flip in front of the TIE Silencer might be for the trailer not the movie but it could mean Rey and someone is “training.” Like the glimpse of the ship that left Rey on Jakku showed up. And my thought on the Death Star/Darth Sidious laugh, I think the Resistance and the First Order are in a race to find an important piece that the Emperor has left. Maybe holocron. It would be nice to see Palps in the movie especially when Ian McDiarmid said at celebration to “Roll it again!”

Rob, don’t worry about not seeing R2, because he is telling the story of this saga.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Bucho, you said it correctly. I thought I was a NASA geek, but you took to it to another level by listening to the audio in the car.  I want the link to the audio.

EDIT: After listening to 10 seconds more and you telling us that you added the Apollo 13 soundtrack to the raw audio, sir I bend the knee.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Octavious Octavious.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Octavious Octavious.
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

You got it brother.

https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/alsj-ApolloAudio.html

I was trying to think of other scores I could drop in but it’s tough to find ones which work right, because Hollywood scores are by nature fairly dramatic and the dramatic tracks don’t work as well with the real audio. I tried some of Bill Conti’s The Right Stuff score for example, and some Hans Zimmer tracks from space movies, and they don’t compliment the mission comms as well as Horner’s Apollo 13 score.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I have a response to all this, oh, believe me, I do. Hopefully will put it out tonight.

rob
    rob
    Participant

And here you go with the response and stuff.

Direct Link: 20190422.mp3

I’ll most likely have another show to do tomorrow, updating you on the events of the last couple of days. And you know, there’s that small little superhero flick that comes out tomorrow night that I’ll need to talk about, too.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Good times!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Try this on for size: https://soundcloud.com/user-693869079

I have no idea how much sense any of it will make.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Just see a user page, but no files…?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Turns out I’m even dumber than I look. Try this one: https://soundcloud.com/user-693869079/bucho-190420/s-E1tks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.