:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180907 and 20180913

• Comments Off on Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180907 and 20180913

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180907 and 20180913

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180907 and 20180913

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

Not sure what the first one is about, really. Just random shit. But I do discuss the 80s action flicks/stars that Bucho brought up the other day in the second. I feel like I’ve been really randomly not funny or interested in really anything lately. So yeah, if you’ve got ideas, I’m open to talk about them!

Direct Link: 20180907.mp3

Direct Link: 20180913.mp3

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Do you have a garden, if not, what will garden consist of?

Do you listen to Joe Rogan, and like his UFC commentary?

What is the vape flavor of the mini show at this time of recording?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Octavious asked the exact questions I was going to ask, so I’ll come up with some others and get back to you.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

You can also add the Captain Marvel trailer.  Favorite snack.  Speaking of snacks, what about jerky meat project?

Top 5 Pet Peeves: Car Edition. This can be a wide range. Cars themselves, dealerships, and the one that Bucho and I would like is other drivers.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

It’s like Octavious is literally reading my literal mind.

Anyway, just finished the first of these two eps Rob and the random shit was well shat. You were in a real good flow even if it wasn’t focused, so it was real fun to listen to. I particularly dig that when it comes to living with your wound you’re cool with talking about how it kind of messes with your love life – which makes plenty of sense of course, it seems like that’s a common challenge for many who go through significant, possibly disfiguring physical injuries/illnesses too, even for youngsters who aren’t old fuckers like we are these days. Like, how could coming through something like what you went through, and are still going through, not have an effect on almost everything? I thought it was cool you have the balls to put it out there. That’s the natural comedian in you I guess – the best ones are kind of fearless like that.

Speaking of which, in regards to the Louis thing, I get the feeling a lot of the resistance is that when he closed his public apology 9 months ago with “I will now step back and take a long time to listen” many felt like “a long time” would somehow reflect what he’d said about how “I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them.” Because we now know that this is the kind of horrendous shit women, in the entertainment industry especially, have had to deal with for decades, so to them 9 months is a joke. Especially when it seems like Louis is so rich he doesn’t need to work for years. To them what matters more than the fact it wasn’t Louis who was the specific dude(s) who harrassed/assaulted/abused them is that the message keeps getting out that they have been suffering as second class citizens in their industry for decades. That, as Louis said himself, what he is suffering is not close to what many, many women in the entertainment industry have suffered forever.

Anyway, I don’t know if that puts anything in perspective or not, I’m sure as fuck not the expert on the matter. I do know that I am thankful to you for bringing up Halifax in this episode, it seems like aaaaaaaaaaaages since you brought up how much you loooooooooooove Halifax.

It was also fun to hear you talking about how Tyron Woodley needed to do something to make up for his previous three boring fights. It was also also fun hearing you take the piss out of fighter interviews (0:47-ish).

rob
    rob
    Participant

That’s pretty funny – I didn’t talk about Captain Marvel today, but I did talk about my favorite snack…jerky. So that will be up soon.

I also talked a bit about cars today, too. Annoying stuff.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I haven’t reached the end of the second ep yet, but I have listened past the bit where you’re done talkign about 80s action stars and what I found intriguing about your take on the 80s action films is how it’s somewhat consistent with your take on comedies in general.

Because to me, and the B-movie aficionados I know, 80s action films are almost ALL comedies, whether they know it or not. Not just the Arnie films, which are defined by his one-liners as much as his MASSIVE pecs, but the others too, with the general comedy born of the ludicrousness of most of them. The reason to watch ANY of these films – even the ones with Seagal at his most squinty-eyed serious – is they’re secretly comedies. BUT … you’re Robby Michaels, and Robby Michaels hates comedies. It all fits.

It was also interesting that you flat-out put Arnie at the top and Sly in second with ZERO mention of the fact Rocky, Rocky Balboa, Creed and First Blood are all significantly better films than anything Arnie ever made. I mostly agree with you that Arnie is the King and that if you pick an Arnie film at random you’re more likely to be entertained than if you pick a Sly film at random, because Sly’s made more turds than Arnie, but on the other side of the ledger I find Sly’s highs significantly higher than Arnie’s highs.

I meeeeeeeeeean, sure the Oscars don’t actually mean jack, but that won’t stop me from stooping low enough to point out that only one of them has won an actual Oscar, and it sure as heck wasn’t the Governator.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Awwwwwwwwwwww shit, you picked back up with the 80s action movie talk again and it turns out you didn’t forget Rambo after all!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

See, this is why I should definitely comment as I listen rather than wait until I’ve heard the entire episode.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.