:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180628 and 20180702

• Comments Off on Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180628 and 20180702

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180628 and 20180702

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180628 and 20180702

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

So the first one is about (GASP!) recent news about Star Wars, and the second is mainly talking about the state of TV and what my preferences are. Hopefully good stuff…?

Direct Link: 20180628.mp3

Direct Link: 20180702.mp3

rob
    rob
    Participant

Hey, you guys did see this, right?

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Yep. Download them and so far listened to the first one. Don’t know about Bucho, but don’t be surprised if he’s asking another one or two episodes right now.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I was wondering if you guys had seen them!  Don’t have any in the can right now, but there will be soon…

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Oh, I got them alright, don’t know why I didn’t do my usual thing of shouting at you that I’d got them.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Enjoyed both episodes Robby. I feel it only fair to warn you the demands from me for more will increase from next week onward as my mega-roster of World Cup podcasts finishes up.

Aside from Game of Thrones I just haven’t been interested enough in any hour-long shows since Lost to put the time in. It always feels like so much more of a risk with dramas, because if they shit the bed with the ending the rest feels like a waste of time to me. I just can’t watch it like you do, where you can compartmentalize the seasons, or parts of seasons. If an ending is weak – be it of a feature film or of a 7-season TV show – it fucks up the whole deal for me. So I wait until the show is done and if the reports of the ending being good flood in I figure I’ll watch it then. Except then I don’t.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I mean … I haven’t even seen The bloody Wire yet, and everyone says that’s literal genius.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I can understand that.  Like, I totally get why people don’t like Lost, but I was watching it as it was being aired, and the experience of trying to figure things out as they went along was a blast.  Although I enjoy swallowing a series whole, the conversations I had with different people about Lost week to week was fun.

I’ve not watched The Wire either.  I tried The Shield, and it just wasn’t for me.  Think I said it, but I’m watching Black Mirror right now, and although that goes against what I usually like, I view these almost like short films, and I’m really digging them.

I’m getting close to the end though.  Think I’m gonna try Bebop again.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Part of it is that while Rii have very similar comedic tastes we have pretty different tastes in drama. My tastes are pretty similar to yours but she doesn’t like anything too brutal. She prefers British police/detective shows, where the deaths aren’t seen, only dealt with afterward. And I don’t watch a lot of TV by myself – Game of Thrones is the only one – so if she’s not into it I don’t make time for it, if she’s busy and I’m left to my own devices I prefer to do something more active.

I SERIOUSLY recommend watching Bebop in the original Japanese though. I know the dub is highly regarded, but I think that’s relative to other dubs, which are shite. I don’t speak Japanese but the performances of the original actors for Spike and Jet are way less corny for me and feel much deeper than the cartoony voice actory stuff of the dub. Faye is maybe the one character who may be better in American.

The World Cup Final is hours away by the way, so I’m going to be in the market for a whole lotta Robby Shows coming up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.