:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob’s Mini-Show -20180501

• Comments Off on Rob’s Mini-Show -20180501

Rob’s Mini-Show -20180501

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob’s Mini-Show -20180501

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

Pretty spoiler heavy on this one, discussing Infinity War. Then I speak briefly on the announcement of Star Wars: Resistance. Little short, but yeah, enjoy!

Direct Link: 20180501.mp3

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Heck yeah, good times Robby Michaels!

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Good ep Robby, I’m with you on everything you said about IW and the MCU in general, except the bit about Thor DW and IM3 being the worst. Because I’ve still never seen Thor DW and I while I don’t love IM3, thought IM2 was much worse.

As for anime Star Wars, I hate almost all anime so hearing that doesn’t fill me with what rebellions are built on. Unless they do it Cowboy Bebop style, since Cowboy Bebop (the original Japanese voiced subtitled version, not the dubbed version) is one of the greatest TV shows of all time of ANY genre.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, I can’t say that I’m an anime fan either, for the most part.  Although, I will say that I did enjoy Ghost in the Shell and Akira, and was a HUGE fan of Battle of the Planets (or G-Force in the U.S.) and Space Battleship Yamato (or Star Blazers) when I was younger.  But check the video out below if you haven’t already – it’s a fan made thing, but still shows the possibilities, so yeah, it could be cool.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I enjoyed Ghost in the Shell and Akira ok, but neither even close to how much I love Cowboy Bebop.

It’s like Firefly (ragtag crew on a spaceship, always poor and scrambling for their next meal, lived in world) but from years before Firefly was made. And with more kung fu. And with the best soundtrack from any TV show ever. And Rian Johnson is a huge fan.

I have to emphasize though that if you do come to your senses and watch one of the greatest TV shows of any genre – Cowboy Bebop – you have to do the original Japanese version with subtitles. There are a lot of folks who claim the dub is just as good, or better, but those are people who saw the dubbed version when they were kids and didn’t know any better. It’s really a different (more kiddy) show with the English dubs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.