:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180328, 20180402 1and 2…

• Comments Off on Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180328, 20180402 1and 2…

Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180328, 20180402 1and 2…

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob’s Mini-Show – 20180328, 20180402 1and 2…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by rob rob 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

First show is random, probably bitching about my job. Second is the UFC 223 talk and the Director and the Jedi. Third show is movie reviews. Enjoy!

Movies reviewed:
    Wind River
    Dunkirk
    Murder on the Orient Express
    Three Billboards
    Get Out

Direct Link: 20180328.mp3

Direct Link: 20180402-1.mp3

Direct Link: 20180402-2.mp3

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by rob rob.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by rob rob.
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Heck ma-huckin yeah!

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I listened to the first two Robby. I enjoyed them both. A lot of fun stuff in them. You having conversations with imaginary hecklers is ALWAYS entertaining and there’s a bunch of that. And of fucking COURSE Tony would get injured WALKING around in a TV studio. I like Khabib but I’ll be rooting for Max. Being from South Auckland I’m biased toward Polynesian fighters, plus I love the idea of a Max vs Conor rematch in which both are FW/LW champions. Glad you liked The Director and The Jedi. I’ve always found Rian super likeable so even with the things in The Last Jedi which didn’t click I find it next to impossible not to forgive him, and the stuff I love I superlove.

I have seen Get Out and Dunkirk so now I am AMPED to listen to your take on them in the most recent episode of the hit podcast Hey Everybody It’s Rob With The Rob Show.

rob
    rob
    Participant

You know, maybe you ought to post YOUR thoughts on The Last Jedi…?  Or, dare I say, how about you post a mini-show??

In all seriousness, I get it – school, work, life, all that, but it’d be cool to see more of the almighty Bootch.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Oh, I thought I already did yap about it, although maybe I got my wires crossed since we’ve talked so much about Rogue One. If I find a spare 20 minutes this weekend I’ll try and record and upload something, otherwise I’ll scrawl it.

I’m bummed you didn’t like Dunkirk and Get Out more, although I mostly get where you’re coming from on both of them. For me Get Out works beautifully as a suspense film – especially the hypnotism stuff – even divorced from the social aspect but it’s not like it does anything particularly revolutionary with the horror/thriller genre. One thing you didn’t mention about Dunkirk was Zimmer’s insane score. Maybe it’s because I was fortunate enough to catch it on IMAX and with a gargantuan megasurround Dolby 738.5 speaker system, but I loved what Zimmer brought with that.

rob
    rob
    Participant

My sound system here is pretty nice, and I had it pretty loud, and I just can’t say the score moved me like some of his others.  Like Inception, his Batman scores, Man of Steel, Gladiator, Crimson Tide – all those.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.