:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob's Mini-Show – 20170830

• Comments Off on Rob's Mini-Show – 20170830

Rob's Mini-Show – 20170830

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob's Mini-Show – 20170830

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

I review Inferno Squad, and then I talk out this whole streaming idea. It’d be interesting to hear feedback on that…

Anyway, hope it’s not too boring…!

Direct Link: 20170830.mp3

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

“You guys are fuckin with my chi!”

You gotta heed the call of this streaming thing Robby. You just gotta.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I keep going back and forth on the streaming, man. On one hand, I know that there would be some from here that’d probably tune in, but it’s a long hard road to get viewers. And that’s a HUGE commitment. And a lot of money for the gaming rig! Just…a lot to think about.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I forgot to add that I agree ‘Rob The Idiot’ is a canny piece of branding. It’s catchy, funny and disarming. Folks will remember it and be drawn to it. Men will want to be it and women will want to be with it.

Meanwhile, suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurely the only thing in the cons column is that initial monetary outlay, and if I recall correctly April has already given you the GO on that one. What else could there be?

Even if the audience IS a slow build, in the PROS column you get to have a shitload of fun gaming up a storm, connecting with and entertaining new folks with your general madness and Star Wars knowledge, have something in common with Demetrious Johnson and Quinton Jackson, the list goes on and on and on and onnnnnnnnnnnnnn …

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Bucho Bucho.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Bucho Bucho.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Thanks, man. Still have to say – means a lot to have your unwavering support over the last 52 years.

It’s just a big step into the unknown. I know I’ll have to deal with trolls and stream snipers and whatnot. I keep telling myself that it will be different when I have people watching and in the chat that are supportive and stuff. Dunno, just kinda scary I guess?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Wait … there are stream snipers?

ABORT!!! ABORT!!! ABORT!!! FORGET EVERYTHING I SAID ROBBY, PULL UP, PULL UP, EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!

What I’m saying is quit fucking around doubting yourself brother, you LITERALLY laugh in the face of !!!ACTUAL DEATH ITSELF!!! but you’re hesitant about the trollings a few anonymous goobers online? As Laird Hamilton once said, “Don’t be afraid of death, be afraid of the half-lived life”. Or something. To be fair, he’s an actual crazy person so take that with a grain of salt.

What if you think of it as a first adventure, something to take a big swing at before you’re fit enough to take a big swing at training as a martial artist? If it doesn’t come off, so what? Onto another adventure! We win or we learn! Even Conor loses sometimes, but he’s having a pretty epic fun life taking big swings and taking on big adventures along the way. It either works out or it doesn’t and you’re onto the next one. The only failure is in being too much of a pussy to try.

I mean, fuck mate, I’m afraid of heights and a couple of years ago I jumped out of a plane and free-fell through a bloody hail storm. I’m a bloody carpenter but at the end of this year I’m graduating with a Bachelor of Science double major in Physics and Applied Maths from one of the world’s top 100 universities. I’m a bloody arachnophobe and I spent 6 months living in the bloody Amazon jungle. But I’ve never faced down ACTUAL DEATH like you did.

What’s really the worst that can happen? Everyone who loves you still loves you?

rob
    rob
    Participant

Ok, it’s official – anytime I’m doubting myself in the future, I’ll just talk to you for a minute.

Of course, that’s the way I should look at it. But dude, you’re one of those rare ones. Maybe you’re just trying to elbow me in the ribs with your “buck up, little camper!” speech, but being “brave” enough to simply survive – that’s really pretty easy. I just don’t see it as being that difficult in comparison to the things you’ve accomplished. I mean, seriously – anytime I’m feeling proud of myself or high and mighty, all I have to do is remember that there’s a dude out there that spent time in Brazil building schools for kids in poverty, and it puts me in my place.

So yeah, dude, you must be hung like a circus bear, no question.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I mean, the TL;DR was supposed to be “Sticks and stones and how are you going to let the idea of a a couple of potential doofus trolls ruin your fun?”

THAT’S HOW THE TERRORISTS WIN!!!

rob
    rob
    Participant

And so it begins…

Computer has been ordered.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

MY MAN!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.