:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob's Mini-Show – 20170524 and 20170531

• Comments Off on Rob's Mini-Show – 20170524 and 20170531

Rob's Mini-Show – 20170524 and 20170531

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob's Mini-Show – 20170524 and 20170531

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by rob rob 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

Yes, yes, I forgot last week’s, but here it is! Have to be perfectly honest – don’t remember a thing about it. Hopefully it’s entertaining and not as annoying as I think it is. But as far as I can remember, it’s Rob’s stream of consciousness at its best (or worst).

Direct Link: 20170524.mp3

Now, this one was recorded today, and I actually had topics, namely reviews. Maybe this one’s better…?

Movies Reviewed:
    Split
    Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them
    Hail, Caesar!

Book Reviewed:
    Rogue One: Catalyst

Direct Link: 20170531.mp3

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Nice!

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

On the first episode:

– Can’t go with you on the hyperbole thing, I love it more than I love breathing.
    – This was my favourite vape talk you’ve ever done. I had no idea the lobbying against vaping had gotten that bad. Especially enjoyed when you talked about blowing vape directly into a baby’s face.
    – It’s literally ALWAYS fun when you talk about Star Wars.
    – 15:46 “See, you can’t really take my thing on kids, because was I an annoying kid? Yes. Have I grown out of that? No. So you’re saying you’re still annoying? Yes, that’s what I’m saying. I’m saying right now I’m an annoying motherfucker. And that’s okay. Because … racism.” Caught me so off guard I blew snot out of my nose. Probably lucky I wasn’t drinking at the time.

rob
    rob
    Participant

First, I love it when you do a breakdown – it usually means that it was actually good enough that you made a list of good topics or stuff that made you laugh. Definitely makes me way to do even better on the next one.

And your writing what I said? It actually worked better for me when I read it – I listened back and was kinda meh, but sometimes things are funnier seeing it spelled out.

I’m glad you enjoyed it!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

The racism thing couldn’t work for you because it couldn’t be a surprise to you. For anyone listening though it’s a left-field swerve that catches a mofo off guard.

Something else I remember thinking, although I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, is how much your “self-interview” thing reminds of the way your neighbour and bff Johny Hendricks often talks. Obviously he’s not even a tenth as entertaining/creative as you, but there is some kind of similarity there.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

At first I was all, “Jeez Robby, you claim to be a movie nerd but say the main reason you wanted to a new movie from THE MIGHTY COEN BROTHERS was it features some actor you’ve never seen before?”

But then I was all, “Shut up Bucho you numpty, you still haven’t seen it AT ALL.”

As for the Split thing, I was spoiled on that development but since I’m not a fan of the movie that reveal links it to I was pretty unmoved unfortunately.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yeah, Hail, Caesar was on my list for a long time, but I moved it up the queue for my Alden curiosity.

As far as Johny goes, I guess I never noticed that he does that sort of thing. It’s been a while since I’ve listened to an interview of his in a while.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.