:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob's Mini-Show – 20160416

• Comments Off on Rob's Mini-Show – 20160416

Rob's Mini-Show – 20160416

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Rob's Mini-Show – 20160416

This topic contains 35 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Octavious Octavious 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

If you did fart that wasn’t the reason I went AWOL Captain, it’s that I started back at University this week and was behaving almost as if I’m a responsible grown up student.

When I watched the film the first time I thought Starkiller must have been wastifying planets in the same system as Maz’s too, because that’s the only thing that makes sense visually. But storywise it seems like her planet Tokodana has to be an outlying backwater type of world, off the beaten path from authority, like Tatooine. Like it’s TFA’s verison of the hive of scum and villainy.

Turns out the “canon” explanation from our pal Pablo Hidalgo is Tokodana and the Hosnian system are in different parts of the galaxy but the beam was visible due to “Some weird-ass hyperspace-rip seen-across-the-cosmos kinda shit.”

So it kind of comes back to what we were saying earlier about JJ not always having the best grasp of the cinematic language so the ideas he gets across aren’t always narratively coherent.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Any time I watch it now though I just pretend it’s meant to be the same system. More fun that way.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    rob
    Participant

And there you go, right? I guess as I’ve gotten older, and I’ve said this before – I’m somehow much more forgiving for those head-scratcher or forehead-slapper kind of moments that, if you really think about it, 98% of movies seem to have. It’s when those moments outweigh the cool, awesome moments is when I have a problem.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

I decided to go back to one of the shows that I have missed and oh man, what a treat!  Yes, any Star Wars talk is good talk.

But the beginning was something.  Rob, first the ambience. It wasn’t the Beemer but it was a car. Happy that you got the car you wanted, effortless speed.  Over 2 years ago, you started to vape and even then, you spent a lot money.  The flavors sounded familiar but had weird names.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I barely remember my name most days, so thinking about what I was vaping two years ago…wow.

Guess I need to listen to this to see what I was talking about re: the Star Wars.  Sometimes there are ideas that are lost…like tears.  In rain.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Sometimes there are ideas that are lost…like tears. In rain.

Or a fart vanishing in wind.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.