:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob Show Topics

• Comments Off on Rob Show Topics

Rob Show Topics

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Rob Show Topics

This topic contains 148 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

Yep, I have some I’m encoding right now. Some from your list of topics, and I go off the rails quite a bit, as I’m known to do. Haven’t recorded in almost a week now. Just been so dang busy at work that my brain is dead.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Two is better than both one and zero!!!

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

So when are we getting Bucho’s assessment on Solo in the Star Wars Chatter?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant
    1. Have you heard about the PFL? Do you reckon they’re really going to shell out a million to the champs of each weight class?
    2. How did you like DC vs Stipe? How do you like Brock apparently instantly in the picture after being suspended for roids?
    3. Thoughts on the new Venom trailer? Thoughts on Tom Hardy in general?

So when are we getting Bucho’s assessment on Solo in the Star Wars Chatter?

That’s a good question. For another time …

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

New Clone Wars huh?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

New Godzilla King of Monsters trailer. What is the Robby position on Godzilla, Kong Skull Island and Legendary’s MonsterVerse in general? Too many extended universes to keep track of?

(Warning: I loved Kong Skull Island quite a bit.)

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

A new Mission Impossible approaches us at pace! Which is your favourite of the Missions Impossible? Which one is not your friend? Most beloved Tom Cruise films of all time ever? Does his real life weirdness bug you at all?

rob
    rob
    Participant

I was actually going to tackle some of these on the next show – I was supposed to hang out with John (my blind friend) and was going to talk about the trailers that came out of Comic Con.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, you never answered my text about them… will be interested to see what your take was on them. I’ll wait until they make a show topic to give you mine.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I’ll be interested too Robby.

What’s the hold up?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Also, while you’re at it, the latest Episode IX casting confirmations – including that they’ll use past footage of Carrie rather than CGI. Or recasting. Or using a cardboard cutout with a movable mouth.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

C’mon Robby, we know you got at least two in the hopper right now, don’t hold out on us!

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yep, new shows posted…

But yeah, Bryan. I completely forgot to go back and answer that text. Truth be told…they look interesting, but not like, holy shit, I can’t wait! Sort of like how I felt when I saw the trailers for Suicide Squad and Justice League. Feel like they could go either way.

Now, I enjoyed Justice League a lot more than I though I would, and I’m interested to see where they go. Weird that Batman has always been my favorite, and I’ve long been an Affleck apologist, but he’s distantly behind Superman and Wonder Woman for me.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

I really want to spend some time talking about JL but I’ll just say that I enjoyed this movie for one simple reason; Superman was Superman at the end of the movie. You’ve all heard me complain about what everyone ruins with Superman in nearly everything… I think he was used well in this movie, but that was largely due to the timing of his arrival. I worry that he’ll go back to being the first bitch knocked down by the baddie in the next film. But for this one, I had a “fuck yeah” moment when he arrived on the scene.

Aquaman looks like it could be just plain stupid, but it could be good fun as well. Cautious and low expectations for me. The Godzilla trailer LOOKED good, dunno if the movie interests me, but the visuals looked perfect. MI-6 looks like another MI movie, but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing it (are we going to this or what??). The Shazam trailer is the one I was a bit confused about. On the one hand, it looks kinda silly… except he’s more or less supposed to look like what a 13-year old imagines a super hero to be. The origin story looks pretty much correct, and his look is the right amount of campy in a world more-similar to the other DC movies. I think I’m looking forward to this one, if only to see if it’s as much like the animated movies as it feels like it is. But Glass…. I mean… GLASS!!!!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I was so disappointed by Man of Steel I haven’t watched any of the other DC films except Wonder Woman. I found Snyder’s humourless, juvenile, teen-angst take on Supe so lame it soured me on the whole franchise until Wonder Woman, which seemed like it had the most promise of escaping that immature over-seriousness (and did).

You guys are making me at least want to see Justice League though. Theoretically that could’ve been the one I turned around since it had the handprints of Whedon on it, but then Age of Ultron had bored the piss out of me only two years earlier so it wasn’t enough.

One day you should do an episode where your topic is your take on comic book movies in general Robby. I’m pretty sure we know which one is your all time #1, but give an overview of the whole deal and which other non-TDK movies are the ones you still rate highly and enjoy rewatching once in a while (or regularly).

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.