November 1, 2017 at 11:40 pm #65023
Need an update on how the Twitch/Battlegrounds adventure is coming along Robby.
Also really curious to hear your take on the new THOR.
Also, what about an episode where you talk about and rank the five UFC-217 main card fights in order of which you’re most amped for, because there is drama and talent aplenty coming up this weekend.
- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.November 3, 2017 at 8:43 am #65024
First, yeah, I actually have a mini-show that I recorded last week that I haven’t put up yet. Work has been beating me down – having to work a lot of nights in the last couple of weeks, and that’s just made it hard to focus on anything else. It’ll be up soon.
But, since you asked – a couple of updates.
Twitch: very soon. I’m thinking that my first stream will probably be around 11/14 with the release of Battlefront II – gonna stream the single-player campaign and then start punching multiplayer in the face. Battlegrounds will always be there, and I’ll be getting better, but lately, just haven’t had the desire to spend a whole lot of time on it since work’s been wiping me out.
Thor review will be on the next show for sure!
Since I won’t be able to do a show in time for 217, here’s my breakdown:
Johny Hendricks vs. Paulo Henrique Costa – Surprised this is on this card, because I don’t care about this one at all. You’re not doing your job if you can’t make weight, and Johny’s looked surprisingly tame since USADA came along. Coincidence? Don’t think so.
Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre – this one is interesting because of the variables coming into play, and although I don’t really know what’s going to happen and want to see it, I can’t say I’m super-excited for it.
Stephen Thompson vs. Jorge Masvidal – Very interesting matchup. Wonderboy’s at his best when he can counter-strike, and Masvidal will be moving forward, so should be fun.
Cody Garbrandt vs. T.J. Dillashaw – I think this will might be the closest fight. Cody should win if MMA math works, but you just never know – TJ might have some new tricks. Although I don’t really care who wins, it should be a fun fight to watch.
Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Rose Namajunas – Joanna’s fights are really really fun to watch. She’s a lot like watching Demetrious fight, because you never really know what you’re going to get. And Rose – she’s made some improvements all around, and her head seems to be in the right place, so this could be a very very dangerous fight for Joanna. I’m most intrigued by this one.November 3, 2017 at 11:11 am #65025
Heck yeah you’re going to stream Battlefront II! Anything recipe that includes Robby + Star Wars is my kind of formula.
I’m pretty much with you on 217, although I have CG vs TJ at #1. It still blows me away how spectacular CG looked against Dom, and even though I know you don’t really give a crap about drama, to me the heat with him and TJ is so much fun.
- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.November 8, 2017 at 10:11 pm #65027
PUT UP THE DANG SHOW ROBBY!!!
- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.November 9, 2017 at 6:56 am #65028November 13, 2017 at 7:53 pm #65035
Still thinking a twitch launch with bf2? TELL ME WHAT YOUR CHANNEL NAME IS SO I CAN SEE IT WITH MY EYES.November 14, 2017 at 2:11 pm #65036
First, there’s very little there at the moment, but you can go ahead and go to
Over the next few hours, I’m getting everything ready. Depending on when I get finished with work, I’m going to be updating the channel page along with my Twitter profile. And then…sometime tonight (hopefully around 7 or so), I’ll be going live!November 14, 2017 at 7:18 pm #65037
Just in case you missed it (which, judging by the fact that I didn’t get a single viewer, that was probably the case), here’s the full stream.
Also, keep in mind that I did play the beta for a short time, but I’m really pretty bad at the game. My problem is I was so entranced by it that I didn’t really talk all that much! But, you know, first one in the can. Any criticism, good or otherwise, is welcome!
EDIT: I just realized that I sound like a douche in this post – not intentional! I get that I decided to do it with about 20 hours notice, so I totally get why nobody was there, and I even mentally prepared myself for ridicule if someone DID come into it. I just want to get better so people will WANT to watch and stick around. AND – HUGE thanks to THX – my first follower on Twitch!
- This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by rob.
November 15, 2017 at 10:02 am #65040
- This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by rob.
You don’t sound like a douche in the above post. –Just the one on Nov 9th. 😀
Okay, so I’m going to mix feedback in as I’m doing this while I’m watching.
- Watch that Mic input. Most of the time you talk fine for it, but when you get loud, it clips a little. I had the same problem setting the mics up here for you and I. If you turn your mic down, and use some solid compression, you should still sound good at lower volume and consistent with the highs. Just test lowering the mic input and tweaking the limit/compressor output to get a good balance.
- You can do the same stuff to your audio stream from you PC… use the plugins to get the most sound out of your PC stream
- At about 4:00 you are talking about being able to hear yourself or whatever… I think we also lost audio (as listeners).
- I don’t watch people play games… so this feedback may not be right for all; I’d consider exploring a new title before you do a stream. You’ve got a lot of discovery here that is a higher cognitive load, and the result is you aren’t talking much, you are making the problem solving sounds and it kind of goes on forever. My suggestion I guess would be to explore it all, then do the things to set up a character and all of that knowing a bit about what to expect. Then your viewers get the experience of going through it all, but aren’t stuck waiting you out as much.
- Uh, this game looks kick ass. I wonder if my non-Pro PS4 will run this worth a damn (because I am not buying a setup like you just had built).
- Side note: the staging of audio in that game carries and across the stream quite well. I keep thinking things are making sounds in the room here
- What is your light source from behind-left of the camera? You have a weird mix of light colors going on there… looks like you have very warm yellow light in the room and something cooler behind the camera. You may want o consider using Webcam Settings for Mac to tweak the look of your webcam.
- On vaping… smoking the camera during transition moments might be fun.
- I feel like I’m missing some stuff on the screen sometimes… have you played with running your video at 90% or 80% opacity when actually playing a game?
- Uh, this game really really looks good. At 18:14, you commented on it too.
- I’m very sure it’s easy to get sucked into the game… especially with it being new and all, but you are much quieter more often than I would expect you to be. I keep expecting you to narrate characters for no reason ( in a Rob singing voice: I’m just sittin’ here, all alone with my poo ) during those little sequences when the sequence cuts to the character sitting in a chair or whatever. I’m sure it’s a mix of new game, and new thing you are recording, but you are into the game much more than you are into the recording. For me, it seems like I should be watching you play a game, not watching the game while you play. But maybe that’s not what most people do on Twitch
- Once you changed your card’s mode, the resolution of the stream improved to a degree (only because the source improved), but holy crap the quality of movement cleaned up a lot (at 26:00 or so). I’ll have to check YouTube to see if it translates as well there (since YT’s encoder gets involved).
- At 32 minutes in the stream, your audio looks like it’s slightly out of sync (a tad delayed) but the game audio looks delayed quite a bit more.
It was at this point in watching the stream that I figured out with the huge amounts of shit I have to do right now, 40 minutes is about as much as I could justify paying such close attention to something during the workday. So, I skipped to much later in your episode.
And when I did, I jumped to about 1:15:00 (well really closer to 1:19:00 and saw cool shit so I backed up a tad) and yeah fucking wow, I want to play this game. It’s nice seeing these long campaign levels play out. I need to play the first one more… seems like I never really do.
- Yeah, the space shit is sweet oily tits amazing! Is there any VR stuff in this game if you buy it on PS4?
- After your game play… I like you talking more about the SW universe and digging into characters and stuff. Is this something that you think you can do with other games? Not character stories and stuff (not all games have the Universe to do this), but just diving a bit more into the world within the game? Seems like it could be cool… better for some games than others.
Also, I have to comment on the fact that you’ve chosen NOT to play topless (and presumably not bottomless either). I respect your decision, but I wouldn’t be a good friend if I just asked if you are comfortable with your decision.
Okay, that’s all I could think of to say… sorry I wasn’t watching live.November 15, 2017 at 10:07 am #65041
Now I obviously was being kinda picky at times, but I figure you can take from it what resonates and ignore the rest because I’m not really the audience.November 15, 2017 at 11:29 am #65042
OK, there are lots of bullet points there, so I’ll address what I can…
Yeah, audio definitely needs to be tweaked some. I couldn’t concentrate at the beginning because I was hearing myself slightly delayed. Thought I had it fixed, and then the delay kept happening, so I just turned the monitor off.
As far as the new game stuff goes – that does happen a lot with new games, and I think naturally it’s just part of the process. I actually like being able to see that first reaction, but for me, it was the first stream, AND it felt super-awkward, AND I was tired – I think that’ll all be better down the road. I was super-crazy tired by about 30 minutes in, so I’d felt like I’d already been recording forever and it’d only been like 75 minutes. I think it’s just that I had so much to set up beforehand that I was already tired of even sitting in there.
That light is actually overhead, and I don’t like the look of it, either. Eventually I’ll be buying a real lighting setup, but that’s on down that damn road.
Facecam Video Placement – yeah, this one’s tough. It really should be changed based on the game, but for this one, I saw that the focus of the scene kept changing. This placement is pretty good for Battlegrounds, but not ideal for this. Need to figure something out.
I will say, too – streaming AND recording, man, that’s really affecting things, and I think that may be part of the reason that the audio it’s lagging. I’m really wondering what’s causing that because it isn’t doing it as much at the beginning. Very very strange. I’ll have to mess around with that.
But hey, thanks for the feedback – and like I said, I know that this isn’t some overnight thing and that it’s going to take momentum that comes from somewhere OTHER than the switched:on crew to get things going.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.