:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob Show Topics

• Comments Off on Rob Show Topics

Rob Show Topics

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Rob Show Topics

This topic contains 148 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

It was fun to hear you talking about the music you made back in the day Robby, therefore you should 1000% do an episode or two where you play some of your songs in the car and do a commentary track over them – talk about the constructions of the tracks – the structures, lyrics, gear – about what was happening in your life at that time, about the inspirations that fed into it, all that good stuff.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

We’re ready for that episode where you play us samples of your music over the car stereo while live commentary-tracking Robby.

I mean, it’s been 10 days since you released any of the hounds. Don’t leave us hanging.

Also, you haven’t given your take on Favreau and his The Mandalorian yet.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Rob?

Robby?

You there Robby?

If you are you should talk about why you didn’t finish watching Cowboy Bebop, or if you did, why didn’t you take my advice and watch it with original actors instead of all that online hype bullshit about how the dub is really good, or if you did watch with the original actors why didn’t you like it as much as I wish you did when it’s obviously at least as good as Firefly, even though it’s older than Firefly, and you like Firefly plenty?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Flying Saucer Tour, Vol. 3. has been out a week or two Robby, you need to review that business and talk about your personal history of your fandom of you main man Bill while you’re at it.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I know you generally don’t go for politics talk Robby, but I’m pretty curious to hear what it was like to go through these mid-terms where you are – given some of the wild stories that came out of Texas (like the black female judges in Harris County) – so if you’re still sane …

rob
    rob
    Participant

About Cowboy Bebop – got really excited today because Amazon has the digital version for only $9.99 (I talk about getting the digital versions on a recent show that I haven’t put up yet), but unfortunately, they’re all the English-only audio with NO subtitles. Even the iTunes versions of the show (which is $53.99 right now) has English-only. Yeah, looks like I’m going to have to rip my Blu-Rays again if I’m going to watch them “as Bucho intended”.

For politics – I’ll save that for a show.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

For Cowboy BeBop… I have you covered (in a day or so).

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Of course I’m now concerned a combination of my (over)hype and you having do homework just to pull it off is going to sour you on the whole deal.

This is not going to plan.

rob
    rob
    Participant

I’d say it is! Now, I’m not going to say I’ll have the time to binge watch it and have a review on a show next week, but I will watch it.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I’m pretty curious because even though we have real similar tastes in a lot of sci-fi stuff (Star Wars and Firefly especially) the context under which I saw the show was very different, being mid-late 20s and at a time not only pre-Firefly, but when shows like Clone Wars or Rebels hadn’t even been dreamed of.

At that point so an animated show about a rag-tag gang of space bounty hunters felt super fresh in and of itself, but and then it also had the mix of the darker, kind of “grown up” sobering noir vibe with comedy which ranged from deadpan, dry and understated to out-and-out super broad slapstick. Plus I loved that they were essentially a gang of losers – always starving and scrapping for food and supplies because their missions would be fucked up as often as not. That was one of the things that made it stand out clearly above the other cartoons of the time, 98% of which were aimed squarely at kids and would have the heroes almost always win every episode.

I also really dug how that the episodes often had fairly different tones and vibes, from trippy, to adventure, to horror, which was kind of a function of the way the series would constantly do movie references and homages.

But anyway, like I say, I’m curious about your take on it because I sometimes wonder what I’d think of the show if I watched in in 2018, when pop culture is far more saturated with not only Star Wars stories, but with other sci-fi and with nerdery in general. I assume I’d still love it, but then I also have to assume I’m biased.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

We’re about ready for your Pirates of the Caribbean episode Robby. And the other 3 episodes you have in the hopper.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Three questions as I sit here watching The Matrix. One, your take on the The Matrix and the the rest of the that trilogy and two, does muffin hands bake? If so, what bake good do you like the best? And three do you wish that can be turn into a vape flavor liquid?

rob
    rob
    Participant

Some fantastic questions.  Not sure when my next show will be recorded as it’s no-pants Friday night, but rest assured that I will speak on these topics soon.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Robby going all Maz Kanata on our asses.

Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.