:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Rob Show Topics

• Comments Off on Rob Show Topics

Rob Show Topics

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Rob Show Topics

This topic contains 148 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 149 total)
  • Author
    Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Here’s what you were talking about Rob, the place on the forums you can pick from if you want some ideas to riff on.

1. You never talked about the time y’all went to Louis CK.
    2. Who are your other favourite present-day comics apart from Louis?
    3. Who used to make you laugh the most as a kid and who maybe played a part in inspiring your developing sense of humour? Apart from Bill Hicks.
    4. Talk about discovering Bill Hicks.
    5. What is your favourite Mark Wahlberg … oh no, wait …
    6. Bryan mentioned a while back that he’d briefly considered a move to Seattle for work. Have you thought of living elsewhere in the US?
    7. Which part of the US would be your favourite part to visit if you had a couple of weeks to travel?
    8. Do you listen to any rock or pop music other than Trent?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Perfect! That’s exactly what I’ve needed. Mini-shows will be recorded, and the collective consciousness of the universe will breathe sighs of relief and joy. Or maybe a couple of people will like them.

The first four could probably be one show. My developing comedy. Could be interesting to get into.

Also, for my own memory (or lack of), Rob, do a show like you did for Star Wars for the Justice League plans.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

@bucho 50455 wrote:

Bryan mentioned a while back that he’d briefly considered a move to Seattle for work.

I did? Was that on the forums or something? I don’t remember this coming up.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

On yeah, and recorded some boring random drive video today. Undecided if its worth the effort to post.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Oh yeah, I was going to ask you to talk more about your Batman-love too Rob, but you got that covered with JL stuff.

@version3 50459 wrote:

I did? Was that on the forums or something? I don’t remember this coming up.

I honestly don’t remember where you said/wrote it Captain. It’s true though right? Or did I misremember something? I have both faulty ears and a faulty brain so I might well have been wrong.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

It is true that I mentioned it. I had been talking with a company out there about a job that didn’t work out. I was curious about it because I didn’t remember posting it here, and of course we didn’t record any shows around that time either… so it seemed strange. Maybe it was in one of our movie going things or something… we recorded a few of those.

Oh well, I should stop hijacking the this thread.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Well, if it was supposed to be some kind of secret I apologise of course and we can delete all mention of it. Maybe it was in the video of you and Robby driving? I honestly have no idea, I just remember the thought stuck with me because it would mean splitting up the team geographicalisticiously, which I would have understood for monetaristicational reasons but which would have hurt me right in the heart muscle.

Meanwhile Rob, one of the things I always dug was when you guys would get sciencey and lo dimensional, so it’d be cool if you went on some riffs about cosmological notions and extra-terrestrial discoveries and space things and hyperspace and time travellings if you thought that might take you somewhere. A couple of times you’ve hinted at it, like when April questioned the validity and/or viability of NASA, and you guys had some great conversations about it on the show. I understand if you think it might be hard to talk about on your own without the other guys to bounce off of, because it can be pretty heady stuff, but you’re smart as heck so that’s for you to decide. I’m not the boss of you.

Another thing I don’t remember ever hearing you mention that I was thinking about the other day was Woody Allen movies. For all the cinema you experience and talk about I don’t remember if he ever came up. Not even Vicky Christina Barcelona, which was as close to mainstream as he seems to have gotten lately. It’s not even that I’m a huge fan of him, but since I am a big fan of cinema and of comedy I do pay attention to him and find him interesting. And that’s without even getting into his odd personal story. If I had to guess I’d think you feel roughly the same as I do about his films, but why should I have to guess? Is it some kind of secret? What’s with all the secrets around here lately?

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

@rob 50458 wrote:

Rob, do a show like you did for Star Wars for the Justice League plans.

Rob.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

It wasn’t a secret, I just didn’t remember mentioning it… so I was surprised to see it. Yes, it was probably on a pre-movie recording, which I didn’t think of. It didn’t pan out and discussions ended. –But that wasn’t the only time I talked to that company in Seattle.

Related, Michael the Mortgage Guy just dropped me off at the airport to head home. He’s sporting a very Pacific Northwest city moutain man beard, and seems pretty happy in Seattle. It’s a very different city, wish it had been clearer today so that I could have seen more. Still, amazingly different than good ‘ole Texas.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Interested to hear how things went.

And Bucho, I apologize, but I haven’t had the time. The past week and a half has been really busy with job opportunities and such. I will do one soon, I promise.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

Job opportunities? I should quit posting to this forum and call you. —or go spoon with you or something.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

@version3 50493 wrote:

It didn’t pan out and discussions ended. –But that wasn’t the only time I talked to that company in Seattle.

That other time things DID pan out… And then I moved to Seattle to work at my *favorite place to spend money. —wait, it’s March? So this hasn’t happened yet? Okay, I’ll wait a month.

*Amazon beats out Apple because of selection, and the fact that Amazon doesn’t care when I browse naked.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Waaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute. I can’t tell if you’re joking anymore Captain.

Version3
    Version3
    Keymaster

I’m not.

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Holy cow. Must be a great gig to have you upping sticks like that so megasuperubercongratulations to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.