:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Return of the Jedi Space Battle

• Comments Off on Return of the Jedi Space Battle

Return of the Jedi Space Battle

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Return of the Jedi Space Battle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John from Boston
    Participant

You might have seen this being such big star wars fans, but its pretty cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZP8ZIFMesY
    Its the final space battle of ROTJ with al lthe ewok and Luke/Vader stuff removed, its actually pretty cool.

Pa-ul
    Participant

That’s one thing I noticed about the Millenium Falcon, why the hell does it show it flying from side to side (with plenty of room).

I’m surprised the windows aren’t covered in sick.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Version3
    Keymaster

Why would it be? It’s in a vacuum, the ‘gravity’ is artificial inside the ship, so the pull would never stop being perspective ‘down’. Even when upside down in the camera view, you would still be pulled straight down. That’s why artificial gravity may never work. I’d think if they manage to ever do it, it will either A) pull to the center or B) pull you to the outside. It will not likely be a vertical pull.

digitaltopia
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    Why would it be? It’s in a vacuum, the ‘gravity’ is artificial inside the ship, so the pull would never stop being perspective ‘down’. Even when upside down in the camera view, you would still be pulled straight down. That’s why artificial gravity may never work. I’d think if they manage to ever do it, it will either A) pull to the center or B) pull you to the outside. It will not likely be a vertical pull.

Unless they were ever able to create a gravity generation plate. Other than knowing that greater mass means greater gravity, gravity is still largely a mystery to scientists these days. If they were able to create a gravity plate and build it into the floor, then it’d always pull in the proper direction.

On another subject, I think someone should somehow splice Lando and Blazing Saddles together.

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, that always the premise that shows like Star Trek point to, but isn’t it true that there is no theory that even allows it to be built on current or proposed technology? At least spin rate coupled with magnetic fields can theoretically create the other.

digitaltopia
    Participant

To the best of my knowledge, there aren’t many theories about gravity in general at the moment, and none that point definitively towards the feasibility of gravity plates. Centrifugal induced gravity does seem much more probable with what we know so far.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.