:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

requiem for a dream

• Comments Off on requiem for a dream

requiem for a dream

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder requiem for a dream

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Larkitect
    Participant

so i picked up requiem for a dream today. i always feel like i have to take a shower after watching it but i find it to be a very powerful viewing experience. i love all of daron aronofsky’s films and they are made all the more potent with clint mansell’s music.

anyway, i remembered that there is a song in ‘requiem’ called lux æterna (took me forever to find the ‘æ’ character. turns out it is an alternate of the apostrophe. i thought for sure it was on the ‘a’ key, but that spits out an ‘å’.) that has been used in more movie trailers than any other piece of music i can think of in the last ten years.

so if you’ve ever heard a dramatic piece of music in a movie trailer and wondered what it was, chances are this was it. i posted an orchestral version over the original soundtrack version because the sound is a little fuller in this version.

its a pretty basic piece, but its very brooding yet also strongly emotive. i like it. paul oakenfold has a remix called zoo york that i prefer to the original.

just thought i’d share. i know you were wonderin’ if the lark had a somber and reflective side. here it is just don’t tell nobody. 🙂

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, that’s a famous bit of music amongst movie geeks for that exact reason, it seemed like it was on every second trailer for a few years, the most famous probably being Lord Of The Rings.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, the Zoo York is good… because the Paul Oakenfold is the good. Rob and I worked on an SNL inspired project for our jobs a few years back, and in the credits we had to include thanks to Paul O for the tunes. We also thanked every place that we ate during the course of the video being made.

rob
    Participant

I have to comment – I’m not a fan of this song of Clint’s. I’ve been sorta interested in his career since he was with Pop Will Eat Itself (he was on Trent Reznor’s now defunct Nothing Records), but he’s never really grabbed me…

Until The Fountain. I think that score is ten times the score that Requiem ever was. Haunting and beautiful. That song from Requiem seems too one-note…

Listen in headphones.

Larkitect
    Participant

@rob 41330 wrote:

I have to comment – I’m not a fan of this song of Clint’s. I’ve been sorta interested in his career since he was with Pop Will Eat Itself (he was on Trent Reznor’s now defunct Nothing Records), but he’s never really grabbed me…

Until The Fountain. I think that score is ten times the score that Requiem ever was. Haunting and beautiful. That song from Requiem seems too one-note…

Listen in headphones.

dude! the first thing i did after i watched the fountain was get the soundtrack. i’ve listened to it enough to get sick of it but never do. ‘stay with me’ is fantastic. especially in headphones.

@Version3 41321 wrote:

because the Paul Oakenfold is the good.

no other way to say it. 😎

@Bucho 41313 wrote:

Yeah, that’s a famous bit of music amongst movie geeks for that exact reason, it seemed like it was on every second trailer for a few years, the most famous probably being Lord Of The Rings.

yeah that’s it! it was in the two towers. when gandalf comes riding down the hill with the rohirrim (uh-oh i just told on myself) with the sun rising behind them.

Version3
    Keymaster

Note to administrator jackass… change the color of links in vBulletin because they aren’t obvious enough. 🙂

Larkitect
    Participant

lol yeah i didn’t even see that link until i went to quote rob and saw the url to youtube and thought “rob didn’t post a link to youtube”.

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, that happens to me at times. I usually just take contextual clues that a link may be there, but I could just fix it!

Bucho
    Participant

I vote for orange.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Larkitect
    Participant

@Bucho 41344 wrote:

I vote for orange.

that would be perfect.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.