:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

really, nigeria? really?

• Comments Off on really, nigeria? really?

really, nigeria? really?

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge really, nigeria? really?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Larkitect
    Participant
    Quote:
    Nigeria is mad at Sony for its latest ads that suggesting a lot of scams come from the country. Heaven forfend!

In the ad, a corporate rumor-squasher (read: PR spokesbot) responds to a rumor-mongrel’s (read: pudgy gadget blogger) request for comment about a tip he got about a PS3 price-drop. “You can’t believe everything you read on the Internet. Otherwise I’d be a Nigerian millionaire by now.”

In response to this false, defamatory and confidential claim, Nigeria demanded an immediate recant. “Nigeria also demands an unconditional apology from Sony Corporation for this deliberate negative campaign against the country’s image and reputation,” said a spokesman for the Nigerian government.

to see the article and the ‘offending’ ad click here.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Version3
    Keymaster

Fuck that whole country. I really want the US to improve it’s image around the world, but not with that country. They should worry about controlling the bullshit going on there; at least put some effort into it before they cry foul. Fuck the whole country.

Larkitect
    Participant

@Version3 41501 wrote:

Fuck the whole country.

we really could, you know? with that big ol’ giant penis we call florida.

Larkitect
    Participant

i had no doubt that sony would cave.

and now nigeria bans district 9.

Bing
    Participant

Reality check time.

Nigeria, you are *Nigeria*….be glad the rest of the world even knows who the fuck you are. You want to ban our movies, fine. You guys have like 3 theaters in the whole nation, and they only show silent films. Take a look at your human rights issues before you bitch at us you piece of shit. Only Americans can bash America (well Canadians too)

Larkitect
    Participant

@Bing 41542 wrote:

Reality check time.

Nigeria, you are *Nigeria*….be glad the rest of the world even knows who the fuck you are. You want to ban our movies, fine. You guys have like 3 theaters in the whole nation, and they only show silent films. Take a look at your human rights issues before you bitch at us you piece of shit. Only Americans can bash America (well Canadians too)

and one kiwi.

Bucho
    Participant

Nah, I never bash the entirety of any one country. I’ll call people out on their bullshit all day long but not whole countries. Except Australia. Fucking convicts.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Larkitect
    Participant

i always thought the crocodile hunter’s death was a NZ plot. y’all sittin’ out there with your birds and your fruit…

and this sumbitch!

Bucho
    Participant

Yeah, she’ll give you a nip to let you know she’s pissed off but she’s really just the NZ version of the Aussie redback or US black widow. I mean, she’ll devour an entire womp rat whole within minutes but humans will usually live long enough to reach a train track they can lay down on.

Larkitect
    Participant

i don’t like spiders. big ones with hair freak me out. spiders don’t need hair, that’s just unnatural.

basically i try to stay away from all the ones with eight legs.

Bing
    Participant

I can handle snakes and things with all variety of four legged hellbeasts, but spiders just irk me on a deep primal level. My brain knows that most of them are harmless but the rest of me reacts to their sudden presence like a schoolgirl. I’ve blown my “cool” on more than one occasion by letting out a very unmanly squeal at the site of a completely harmless little spider.

They’re just so fucking alien and evil looking little things. The ones with hair never bothered me as I have already fainted by that point.

Larkitect
    Participant

@Bing 41601 wrote:

I can handle snakes and things with all variety of four legged hellbeasts, but spiders just irk me on a deep primal level. My brain knows that most of them are harmless but the rest of me reacts to their sudden presence like a schoolgirl. I’ve blown my “cool” on more than one occasion by letting out a very unmanly squeal at the site of a completely harmless little spider.

They’re just so fucking alien and evil looking little things. The ones with hair never bothered me as I have already fainted by that point.

you… complete me.

Bucho
    Participant

@Bing 41601 wrote:

It’s the eight legs. For some reason our insect friends seem less sinister with their six but add those two extras and the threat level skyrockets. I find the big hairy ones less freaky in some ways because their size means they don’t creep up on you as easily and they can’t creep under your door while you sleep. Also, on a primal level, fur = cuteness, and so the shiny carapace of the hairless spider is less cuddly.

The only creepy crawly more sinister is a scorpion. Eight legs + pincers + stinger + they’re just fucking evil looking.

Larkitect
    Participant

scorpions don’t freak me out. i certainly don’t want to hold one, but i don’t have the same “scream like a little girl” reaction with them that i do with spiders. spiders always look like they are plottin’ your demise. spiders are like ninja. scorpions are the samurai of the arachnids.

plus i love that scene in transformers with the scorpion decepticon. 🙂

Bucho
    Participant

The big spiders have a way of moving that’s too goofy to be ninja, they look clumsy and half-blind and almost cute until you piss them off. Scorpions only ever look like they’re out for death.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.