:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Questions For Bryan…

• Comments Off on Questions For Bryan…

Questions For Bryan…

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Questions For Bryan…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    thx_1227
    Participant

I was wondering what compression/limiting plugins you used for the show. And I’m also curious as to what what parameters you set the compression at….

Version3
    Keymaster

It will be tough for me to provide the settings, I’d have to launch Peak under Rosetta to even get them to load. But pretty much I did the majority of the settings by ear, backed them off a bit to allow for changes and took a real “set it and forget it” approach to them in an effort to minimize setting up each time.

I used only the mda Limiter and the BIAS Sqweez Compressor for normal shows. I had an additional setting for MiniDisc recordings where I used BIAS Freq4. I used the mda Visualizer or meters plugin to see what was going on during the show.

Other plugins were used for promos, and problematic audio, but the above items were the ‘standard’ setup. BTW: I always ran the limited first in the chain, so that we could all yell and not trash the recording. I recorded through them in realtime (like how Jerry is rendered).

Bing
    Participant

When Jerry is rendered do you always anti-alias him or does he prefer to stay rough around the edges?

Version3
    Keymaster

Depends on the lighting.

Bing
    Participant

what about the thunder that comes with it?

Version3
    Keymaster

That’s just “thunder from down under” and is usually a product of excessive heat during heavy load times. -or Taco Bell.

ElNacho
    Participant

i just smiled and gave him a vegemite sandwich

Newman
    Participant

“BC, filtered with tits.”

thx_1227
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    It will be tough for me to provide the settings, I’d have to launch Peak under Rosetta to even get them to load. But pretty much I did the majority of the settings by ear, backed them off a bit to allow for changes and took a real “set it and forget it” approach to them in an effort to minimize setting up each time.

I used only the mda Limiter and the BIAS Sqweez Compressor for normal shows. I had an additional setting for MiniDisc recordings where I used BIAS Freq4. I used the mda Visualizer or meters plugin to see what was going on during the show.

Other plugins were used for promos, and problematic audio, but the above items were the ‘standard’ setup. BTW: I always ran the limited first in the chain, so that we could all yell and not trash the recording. I recorded through them in realtime (like how Jerry is rendered).

Thanks Byran, I appreciate the info.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.