:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Pystar

• Comments Off on Pystar

Pystar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Newman
    Participant

This is mostly directed at Bryan just because he’s a pure OS X whore, but feel free to rub one out anyways.

Ever hear of this company? or tried out one of the OS X desktops?

http://www.psystar.com/osx

Version3
    Keymaster

Oh yeah, they are big news in the Mac community. They build good machines from what everyone can see, but they are engaged in a big lawsuit from Apple right now. Psystar entered into bankruptcy, but just emerged recently to try to battle it out again. So far, they are still making machines. Not only that, but they are competing with the rack mounted servers too. In my opinion, the xServe is super badassness.

Larkitect
    Participant

thx newman. i hadn’t seen that before. very interesting.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Version3
    Keymaster

Hey Bucho, maybe a Psystar would be a good alternative? You just have to find someone stateside to help you out with it I think.

Newman
    Participant

@Version3 40637 wrote:

Hey Bucho, maybe a Psystar would be a good alternative? You just have to find someone stateside to help you out with it I think.

That is where I was secretly going 😛 but only if someone gave them thumbs up.

Version3
    Keymaster

I was just disappointed that the low end is actually higher (to get equipped the same) than a Mac Mini.

Bucho
    Participant

They do look pretty sweet Newman, but it’d seem risky to me to buy a machine designed to run a system that the system-makers are trying to shut down. I mean, if it turns out that Apple wins then aren’t you shut out of future software updates? And if there are problems with the gear there’s no way I’ll get it sorted under warranty either.

Really what I probably need to do is enter the green card lottery and go live in the land of opportunity where you seem to get ripped off less and as an added bonus the chances of meeting showbiz royalty like David Spade are increased significantly.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.