:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Power metal

• Comments Off on Power metal

Power metal

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Power metal

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    digitaltopia
    Participant

I just have to ask, is anyone else a fan of (or has even heard of) Sonata Artica or Kamelot?

thx_1227
    Participant

Wow, so I found this thread while looking through all the old topics.

I just discovered Kamelot recently and I am really digging it. So far I own The Black Halo and the Ghost Opera albums. Great stuff.

digitaltopia
    Participant

So far I have Ghost Opera, The Black Halo, and Epica. I think of the three The Black Halo is probably my favorite. Next on my list to get is Karma.

thx_1227
    Participant

Out of the two I have Black Halo is my favorite as well. Do you have any Symphony X?

digitaltopia
    Participant

I don’t. Are they the screamy metal? I’m not really into the screamy stuff.

thx_1227
    Participant

No, definitely not. I don’t care for much of the screamo stuff either. Symphony X is very similar to Kamelot in that they use a (as the name implies) symphony in a lot of the songs. I have their Paradise Lost album, and it’s really great stuff. Some of the tracks get to sounding the same sometimes, but songs such as the title track Paradise Lost and Serpent’s Kiss more than make up for it. The opening track almost sounds like it should be a soundtrack to an action/sci-fi film.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I’ll have to check them out. You should also check out this track http://www.last.fm/music/Edguy it’s perhaps one of the greatest songs in the world. It’s about a guy that doesn’t like to fly on planes, but if he’s going to fly on one, he really wants to do the stewardess in the bathroom. Good stuff.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.