:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Poseidon

• Comments Off on Poseidon

Poseidon

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Poseidon

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Scatt
    Participant

Hey, has anyone seen the trailer for Poseidon? It looks like Titanic for not-pussies.

When are people going to learn to not get on boats for any reason what-so-ever?.

djohnson
    Participant

This is going to be a great movie I hope. I have such fond memories of the original. It came out when I was a kid and I’ve always been haunted by it. That probably has everything to do with the fact that I was young and impressionable, but I love it anyway.

rob
    Participant

For some reason I have no desire whatsoever to see this movie. I’m kinda tired of the “We must survive!” kind of movie. I don’t know. Maybe I’ll watch it eventually, but I have bigger fish to fry right now then worry about Poseidon…

Version3
    Keymaster

I could (and will) skip this flick. I’m with Rob… just kinda sick of this type of movie.

ElNacho
    Participant

the trailers dont really make any sense to me. looks like it could be a ten minute movie of a cruise ship sinking, for one reason or another. what’s it about?

Scatt
    Participant
    Quote:
    the trailers dont really make any sense to me. looks like it could be a ten minute movie of a cruise ship sinking, for one reason or another. what’s it about?

Well, it’s a movie about a group of terrorists that attempt to sort of “cow tip” a sailboat by rocking it back and forth a shitload. Then, Kurt Russell and Steven Seagal say, “No more!!”. Then they orchestrate a house party to pay for the damages to their parent’s convertables.

You know, come to think of it, even I won’t be seeing this movie simply because I’ve forgotten that I don’t watch movies anymore. The latest movie I took the time to watch was Serenity. Then the next movie I’ll take time to see will be Clerks 2. I think I just wanted to make the “not-pussies” joke.

YouFollowMe
    Participant

Even though the big ass tidal wave is super cool, I’ll be skipping this one too. This idea has just been done too much already.

Pa-ul
    Participant

Yeah, have’nt they just.

The original Poseidon movie, the original titanic, raise the titanic, the titanic gets sunk again, but with with Leonardo and nice boobies (Kate Winslett), and the perfect storm. I’m bored of ships either sinking or going up the face of a huge wave, although it would be funny if one of the passengers jumped overboard and started surfing down the face of the wave. When they remake a movie like that it’s usually the CG stuff that makes the movie, well the original did look like some of the scenes were shot in a fish tank.

I like an original idea for movies, I especially like a movie where they actually do some scientific and /or historical research before shooting the move e.g. when Trinity hacks into the power stations computer system and when the ship crashes into the planet in Pitch Black (I liked the scene where the ship was disintegrating on impact).

Sorry, seem to have gone off on a rant then.

😳

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

rob
    Participant

I will definitely be skipping Poseidon to watch Just My Luck, but for…other reasons. Like it being one of the few PG movies you can spank to.

Pa-ul
    Participant

I can’t seem to picture Rob at the back row of the movies, using the ancient art of furtive wrist action.

My mind seems to switch off, especially if you have buttered popcorn in the seats in front, with an extra portion of butter. 😯

ROSS
    Participant
    Pa-ul wrote:
    I can’t seem to picture Rob at the back row of the movies, using the ancient art of furtive wrist action.

My mind seems to switch off, especially if you have buttered popcorn in the seats in front, with an extra portion of butter. 😯

Phheeeww! I finally managed to stop laughing my head off long enough to type this, woah that was funny because tragicly, unlike you Pa-ul , the ONLY image in my head was that of Rob sitting in the back seat of the movies, and in the seat next to him is a GIANT block of butter, which of course, because its Rob, requires the special fancy crystals from indiana jones to be aligned in the special way to melt the butter so he can apply it in the required fasion!

Scatt
    Participant
    Quote:
    I will definitely be skipping Poseidon to watch Just My Luck, but for…other reasons. Like it being one of the few PG movies you can spank to.

I googled it right after reading this. I snickered after seeing the movie poster.

Hey! You know what I DO want to see? A Scanner Darkly! That’s the movie I want to see outside of Clerks 2. What do you guys think? Have you seen that trailer? I showed Cass-money, but she was all complaining about the Rotoscope and saying it looked dumb so I shut it off in the middle and said, “Fine. Be dumb like that. No movie for you”. I think it looks like the shit. Robert Downey Jr. might be a junkie, but he’s pretty fuckin’ cool for a junkie…

… I mean… It’s not like he ever said he wanted to grow up to be one… No one…really… would… right?

rob
    Participant

I think that movie’s gonna be pretty sweet, too, but you know, it really could be poo. It kinda looks like it could go either way, but I still want to see it.

Pa-ul
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    I think that movie’s gonna be pretty sweet, too, but you know, it really could be poo. It kinda looks like it could go either way, but I still want to see it.

What we really need is for somebody to go and see it, then give impartial comments on this board.

If it sucks, it sucks. If it does’nt, well the Switched:ON show moves into the movie critics department regardless.

But we’ll blame who ever says it’s a good movie, and it is’nt 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.