:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Playing the Guitar

• Comments Off on Playing the Guitar

Playing the Guitar

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Playing the Guitar

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Octavious
    Participant
    djohnson
    Participant

You know, I love the guitar and I wanted to watch this, but I flat out refuse to use any site that resizes my browser window. leave my shit alone, man!

I had the windows size just right before, now I have to figure it all out again…

Not a rant against you, Darth…just that awful AOL monster….

Octavious
    Participant

Sorry, I guess we all need to get Macs.

Version3
    Keymaster

I like that plan! I recommend the new 24″ iMac. A Core 2 Duo beast. 😀

Newman
    Participant

Speaking of Apple…anyone see the new iPods?

djohnson
    Participant

I am using a Mac now. MBP to be precise… 🙂

The Apple web site is now updated and the new Nanos look pretty cool. Pretty much the same case finish as the old minis. Did you see the new Shuffle? It looks like it’s smaller than a mach book!

The biggest thing for me is iTunes 7 with the ability to manage an iPod from multiple computers! Finally, I can do my podcasts on the MPB to take with me AND keep my music library on the Mini at home and be able to put them both on one iPod. It will be a true time saver for me.

Octavious
    Participant

The new nanos look nice. But if/when I get another iPod, its going to be an iPod, not a nano.

Newman
    Participant

That only applies to what has been purchased in the iTunes Music Store. Which kinda sucks but I suppose.

I like the new look of iTunes 7, and now being able to buy movies on the Music Store is great. I think I’ll get one tonight and see what kind of quality they provide.

Edit: Well so much for that…movies arent avaliable in the Canadian store…and in order for me to buy from the US store (which has the movies) I need a credit card from the states…damit damit.

djohnson
    Participant

Yup. US only until next year when they plan to roll it out to the rest of the world.

From what I hear, the movies are all presented at 640×480 (480p) which is nearly DVD quality. I still think the price is too high. For $15 I can buy the DVD and have all the extras. I MIGHT be willing to pay $10 for a “classic” movie, but even there…The “classic” movies I usually buy are in the $2 bin at the DVD store…

ROSS
    Participant

I heard that apparently, to begin with anyway, a very large percentage of the movies available to download will be Disney movies, because Steve Jobs has just newly become the single largest shareholder in the Disney company. I think I heard that he owned something like 25% of the whole company!

djohnson
    Participant

‘Tis true. I’d be willing to bet, though, that other movie companies will start to buy in just like the TV networks did with the TV shows on iTunes once they see the magic happen.

I’m also sure that you’re going to hear Apple tout their movie sales in these opening days as being huge. That should be no surprise. People want to try it out and see how it works. The real data will come in six months after people have seen it and decide that it just plain costs too much money. Let’s see what sales look like then.

Of course, today’s culture seems willing to buy anything Apple ATM, so I could be completely wrong about that…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.