:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Overdue Movie Sequels

• Comments Off on Overdue Movie Sequels

Overdue Movie Sequels

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Overdue Movie Sequels

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jor-El
    Participant

Bryan, Robby and I went to see a movie a little while back. I can’t think of the movie now. But the preview trailers started. I remember being completely surprised when they showed the Terminator Salvation trailer. I’m a fan of the series but not to the point of keeping up with future sequels.

I just saw the movie a few days ago and I enjoyed it.

It got me to thinking though. What other big movies are we overdue for a sequel? I know I would like to see another Jurassic Park movie. Not so scientific that it seems slow and talky, or overcompensated by digital effects to cover a hollow story.

I’d be interested in seeing your list. In addition, what do you think it is that makes a sequel work or not work? ie. the most recent Indiana Jones versus Star Trek where the latter seems to be more widely accepted.

I like titties.

mike3point14159
    Participant

While I am sure this would never happen, it would be cool to have another installment of The Hustler / The Color of Money story. Twenty five years apart, and if my math is correct just about time for the Tom Cruise character to get his chance to be the haggard mentor to a new young eager hustler.

Although the more I think about it, it would really suck to have some awesome movie cheapened by a shitty sequel. 13 Monkeys could really suck donkey balls. Blade Runners seems like it would be a CG crap fest.

Bing
    Participant

I know I’ll get flamed for this but I liked Vin Diesel as Riddick. They should do another one of those.

rob
    Participant

Easy. Unbreakable. That movie was supposed to be the first of three movies, and I really have learned to love it (I wasn’t sure what to think of it first time I saw it).

Anchorman. Who doesn’t want another of those?

Larkitect
    Participant

i really want another tron. one of my favs from the 80’s.

i’m with bing on riddick, too.

one i really don’t want (sorry jerry) is jurassic park 4. the last thing i read about that sequel (which i’ve read many times that spielberg wants to make another one) had highly intelligent dinosaurs walking around with laser guns. i promise you i’m not kidding and it wasn’t any fan-fiction stuff.

oh and i realy want a sequel to transformers. like, i wish i could wake up tomorrow on june 24 and there would be a new transformers movie showing. i’m sorry i can’t help it. i loved the first one. i’ve probably watched it more than any other movie other than the first matrix.

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Version3
    Keymaster

I want to go back in time and make sure that Jurassic Park has NO sequels. Crap!

I want to want an Unbreakable sequel, but Shamalan has created a lot of screen junk lately, and I wouldn’t want to see that happen here. Pass for now.

The Superman franchise is ready for work on a new one in my opinion. Sorry, but I DO like Returns. I don’t think it’s a fantastic movie or anything, but I liked it, and would watch a new installment.

Ironman. I know it’s already being made, I just want it done faster. Hurry the fuck up Favreau!!!

Ocean’s series. I have no idea if it’s really a good idea or not. Thirteen was pretty good. I just like these characters and want to see who they can rip off next. Maybe this next time they can steal all of the thoughts from the Senior Management of Microsoft, and they’ll be forced to view their initiatives through common sensibility. Nah, too much to hope for.

Ivan
    Participant

@Bing 40104 wrote:

I know I’ll get flamed for this but I liked Vin Diesel as Riddick. They should do another one of those.

THIS

Larkitect
    Participant

bryan, i know warner put a batman vs. superman movie on hold in order to do a superman reboot. last i heard it was going to be a darker tone because of the success of the new batman franchise. it looks like warner and dc comics are getting into a frenzy to try and catch up with marvel’s success.

this is probably a really bad idea but how about a goonies sequel?

Bing
    Participant

Wonder what Chunk and the gang would be up to? Saw that one weird looking chick on Law and Order and age has not been kind, and in her case she needed all the help she could get.

Bucho
    Participant

I want another Fletch, but with Chevy Chase back in top form, not Jason Lee or Ryan Reynolds.

I also want Fincher to make a sequel to Se7en, showing Brad Pitt’s character dealing with the aftermath, his devastation and despair poisoning him and turning him into a Bad Lieutenant type cop. They can call it Se7en T2o: Se7en Harder, or even just go with Ei8ht.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

digitaltopia
    Participant

I heard before they’re supposed to be working on a new Tron that was supposed to come out in 2011 and it was supposed to star Jeff Bridges again, but I can’t find any mention of it now so I don’t know.

I wouldn’t mind another Riddick. The first Riddick movie was okay, but I really dug the second one. That dark gothic sci-fi setting really appealed to me, a lot like Warhammer 40k for any that are familiar with it.

Larkitect
    Participant

@digitaltopia 40126 wrote:

I heard before they’re supposed to be working on a new Tron that was supposed to come out in 2011 and it was supposed to star Jeff Bridges again, but I can’t find any mention of it now so I don’t know.

I wouldn’t mind another Riddick. The first Riddick movie was okay, but I really dug the second one. That dark gothic sci-fi setting really appealed to me, a lot like Warhammer 40k for any that are familiar with it.

you know what, now that you mention it i do remember seeing something of a “demo/concept trailer” or something like that a few years ago. and it did have jeff bridges in it. cool. hopefully they’ll get it out there before the world ends in 2012.

Jor-El
    Participant

TR2N – There was a short CG demo played at San Diego Comic-Con I believe.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/31/the-real-truth-behind-tr2ns-comic-con-surprise/

I like titties.

Larkitect
    Participant

@Jor-El 40134 wrote:

TR2N – There was a short CG demo played at San Diego Comic-Con I believe.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/31/the-real-truth-behind-tr2ns-comic-con-surprise/

awesome. thx dude.

oh jerry,

our love

hoooooooooolds oooooooooon,

hoooooooooolds oooooooooon.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.