:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Original Versions of SW Trilogy available for preorder!

• Comments Off on Original Versions of SW Trilogy available for preorder!

Original Versions of SW Trilogy available for preorder!

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Original Versions of SW Trilogy available for preorder!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ROSS
    Participant

THE WAIT IS OVER! 😀 I just visited hmv.co.uk and found that the original versions of the Star wars trilogy are available for preorder n-n-n-now, and based on the fact that they’re limited edition im not gona hang around, and im sure none of you SW fans out there want to either, so I dont know about you but im gona go get mine in order to avoid dissapointment..

rob
    Participant

I don’t know, man — I’ve got laserdisc transfers already. Just because Lucasfilm did it doesn’t mean it’ll be any better. I’m skipping this set.

BSherrod
    Participant

I’ve seen the quality comaprisons and it blows the laserdisc one away. I’m on the Originaltrilogy.com forum now and they are big into Fan preservations and edits and there is this laserdisc Transfer project called the X0 project. The XO team bought the absolute best Laserdisc player ever made to get their transfers, it gost like $2,500 and weighs like 80 pounds or something like that and it got all of the high end features available for the technology. And even after cleaning it up and doing all that they can the DVD kills it by a mile. The clarity and detail is much more improved. Heres a link to the comparision.

http://www.originaltrilogy.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=9&threadid=5270&highlight_key=y&keyword1=is%20dead

There is a big controversey over it and this forum is one of the main battlefields.

Jor-El
    Participant

That looks kickass. I’ll buy it since I don’t have the old trilogy.

I like titties.

rob
    Participant

So wait — are you saying that this XO project’s output is better than Lucasfilm’s?

BSherrod
    Participant

Nuhuh, I’m saying that the X) project is producing the best Laserdisc transfer possible and the DVD blows it away. Check out the Comparison pics.

rob
    Participant

Okay — are we sure that these aren’t screengrabs from the SE trilogy discs a while back? Because those images are bigger than anamorphic, and the DVDs coming out in November will be non-anamorphic. So the quality shouldn’t be anywhere as close as the SE discs, simply because of the size of the image.

BSherrod
    Participant

Well I’m pretty sure that they are from the original cut of the film. But I mean screw Lucas for not going with a full blown restoration, I’ll probably grab and Divx/xVid of it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.