:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Optimus revealed! Really good look!

• Comments Off on Optimus revealed! Really good look!

Optimus revealed! Really good look!

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder Optimus revealed! Really good look!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

A really close-up view of the design for Optimus!

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24396

Frank
    Participant

So sir, I don’t like it.

Version3
    Keymaster

I’ll still have to see him in action, but I’m happiest with this design of all of them.

Bing
    Participant

Considering how bad I expect them to fuck this up, this fills me with some hope.

Not bad……

Armez
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    Considering how bad I expect them to fuck this up, this fills me with some hope.

Not bad……

I have to agree with bing

Bucho
    Participant

It looks too busy to me, the excess detail detracts from his badassness.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

I think that is true of all of the new designs.

rob
    Participant

The badassness hasn’t been seen yet. Seeing them in action will be the real trick. My guess is the story will pretty much be stupid, but the action will almost make up for it, making a really eye-candy cool no-brainer type. The fact that Spielberg is involved gives me hope that it will be more than that, but that’s what I’m expecting.

Look at movies like Jaws — stupid looking shark, great movie. Or Independence Day — great visuals, stupid movie. I don’t know what my point is, but it’s going to be interesting.

Bucho
    Participant

I trust Michael Bay for this kind of project, I’m pretty sure it’s going to rule as a Big Dumb Fun movie.

rob wrote:
    … Look at movies like Jaws — stupid looking shark …

I take your point but I’m sorry amigo, the shark in Jaws is awesome.

“… and the idea was: shark comes to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin’ and hollerin’ and screamin’ and sometimes the shark go away… but sometimes he wouldn’t go away. Sometimes that shark he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a shark… he’s got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll’s eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn’t seem to be living… until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then… ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin’. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin’ and the hollerin’, they all come in and they… rip you to pieces.”

Awesome.

rob
    Participant

Yeah, but as special effects go, it’s still considered a failure. That movie works because of the performances in the movie and great editing. Think about all the times in the movie you see the barrels and nothing else. Fucking barrels! And it’s riveting! That’s my point…

Oh, and Quint is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Bucho
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Yeah, but as special effects go, it’s still considered a failure. That movie works because of the performances in the movie and great editing. Think about all the times in the movie you see the barrels and nothing else. Fucking barrels! And it’s riveting! That’s my point…

Oh, and Quint is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Sheeit dude, you could make the most reasoned argument in the world and I’d still be blind to the whatever flaws anyone else sees in that movie. I’m a lost cause. Did you know Robert Shaw wrote that monologue himself? The three writers couldn’t get the speech to work so he sat down and came up with the one in the film. One of the most tense scenes in the film is this scene with no physical threat, just masterful storytelling and a master film-maker to shoot it.

It’ll be real interesting to see how The Transformers does compared to some of the comic book adaptations. It’s a huge production for something that has more of a cult following than the worldwide adoration of Superman, Batman etc.

Octavious
    Participant

When we are talking about the stupid shark, and special effects, are we referring to Jaws 3-D?

Bing
    Participant

Quint for Prez…even though he ain’t gay

rob
    Participant

I’m talking about the first Jaws. The others are small time when it comes to that one.

I’m a sucker for special features, so I know all about Jaws. They couldn’t get the big crazy animatronic shark to do what they wanted it to do, so they basically had to shoot around it. You barely ever see the thing. Spielberg’s the frickin’ man.

It’s a basic theory in a suspense movie to not show you everything. Your mind takes over, and in many ways is scarier than anything they actually show you.

With regards to Transformers, though — I just hope it delivers on the action level. I really can forgive a stupid story at this point. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, like me coming out of theater saying, “Wow, it really wasn’t as terrible as I thought it’d be!”

BSherrod
    Participant

I think that realistically for something to transform it would have to have a lot of gears and robotic crap. Solid blocks for legs are good for animators, bad for a movie trying to be somewhat realistic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.