:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Open invitation to run amok …

• Comments Off on Open invitation to run amok …

Open invitation to run amok …

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge Open invitation to run amok …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

All right, guys, here’s an open invitation. We have a guy at work who has gotten WAYYYYY to big for his britches (as they say down here). He covers the Carolina Panthers and is “big time” now. The sports editor and publisher believe that he is, indeed, the second coming, although he’s a giant putz.

So here’s the invitation: He has a blog on our Web site and believes that everyone (even folks in Texas) are huge Panthers fans and he’s better than everyone. His name is Darin Gantt and yes, he is a giant douche. His blog site is: http://community.heraldonline.com/?q=blog/darin

Feel free to post whatever you’d like. Enjoy boys, enjoy!

(Granted, in the interest of full disclosure, I know this is incredibly childish and petty on my fault, but on the other hand, I though fuck him. Plus, I figured this is right up Rusty and Armez’s alley.)

Frank
    Participant

All right, guys, here’s an open invitation. We have a guy at work who has gotten WAYYYYY to big for his britches (as they say down here). He covers the Carolina Panthers and is “big time” now. The sports editor and publisher believe that he is, indeed, the second coming, although he’s a giant putz.

So here’s the invitation: He has a blog on our Web site and believes that everyone (even folks in Texas) are huge Panthers fans and he’s better than everyone. His name is Darin Gantt and yes, he is a giant douche. His blog site is: http://community.heraldonline.com/?q=blog/darin

Feel free to post whatever you’d like. Enjoy boys, enjoy!

(Granted, in the interest of full disclosure, I know this is incredibly childish and petty on my fault, but on the other hand, I though fuck him. Plus, I figured this is right up Rusty and Armez’s alley.)

Bucho
    Participant

What sort of shit does he pull that makes him such a douche?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bucho
    Participant

What sort of shit does he pull that makes him such a douche?

Frank
    Participant

Right now, he believes he is his own boss. He works from home making serious bank while rewriting press releases. Oh and when the Panthers aren’t playing, he’s on vacation. So he gets like a four month vacation while the rest of us have to work. We’ve been told that we can’t cut his stories (which he’ll send in three or four, all of them long as hell). Plus he’s got the world’s worst attitude, coming across as a guy who thinks he’s better than everyone else.

I just don’t like the guy. He’s a total ass.

Frank
    Participant

Right now, he believes he is his own boss. He works from home making serious bank while rewriting press releases. Oh and when the Panthers aren’t playing, he’s on vacation. So he gets like a four month vacation while the rest of us have to work. We’ve been told that we can’t cut his stories (which he’ll send in three or four, all of them long as hell). Plus he’s got the world’s worst attitude, coming across as a guy who thinks he’s better than everyone else.

I just don’t like the guy. He’s a total ass.

Octavious
    Participant

Frank, we’ll help you. So this guy doesn’t write anymore sports? I am shocked that in a state which holds the birthplace of NASCAR, ACC Basketball (especially UNC-DUKE) and MJ part owns the Bobcats, that this guy is not on top of this shit and expanding his horizons. Panthers? Give me a break? Panther fans are fans that come from the north and can’t afford every year for every game to go to Giant, Jets games. Same thing applies to the Carolina Hurricanes *cough* Hartford Whalers *cough*

Octavious
    Participant

Frank, we’ll help you. So this guy doesn’t write anymore sports? I am shocked that in a state which holds the birthplace of NASCAR, ACC Basketball (especially UNC-DUKE) and MJ part owns the Bobcats, that this guy is not on top of this shit and expanding his horizons. Panthers? Give me a break? Panther fans are fans that come from the north and can’t afford every year for every game to go to Giant, Jets games. Same thing applies to the Carolina Hurricanes *cough* Hartford Whalers *cough*

Bucho
    Participant

I’m uneasy about fucking with the guy if he hasn’t directly fucked with you ala the Blimpies fag fucking with BC. But if we do this, what would be the best way to fuck with him? It seems like the Rusty/Armez style would be too easy for him to brush off and a more subtle thing would work better. I mean, if he is this egotistical jackass then he’ll dismiss any kind of crudeness out of hand. It’d probably even be best coming at him like you’re an admirer at first and let him drop his guard. What are his weaknesses?

Bucho
    Participant

I’m uneasy about fucking with the guy if he hasn’t directly fucked with you ala the Blimpies fag fucking with BC. But if we do this, what would be the best way to fuck with him? It seems like the Rusty/Armez style would be too easy for him to brush off and a more subtle thing would work better. I mean, if he is this egotistical jackass then he’ll dismiss any kind of crudeness out of hand. It’d probably even be best coming at him like you’re an admirer at first and let him drop his guard. What are his weaknesses?

Octavious
    Participant

Good fuckin question Bucho!

Octavious
    Participant

Good fuckin question Bucho!

Dr Deviant
    Participant

You guys are truly evil…. I like it though 🙂

Dr Deviant
    Participant

You guys are truly evil…. I like it though 🙂

Frank
    Participant

Flattery will get you everywhere with this guy. During the season, he runs a Q&A on the Web site (granted, the questions always come from the same three people who actually read his stuff). Let me tell you a little story about him that I hope will clue everyone in to what kind of a guy he is.

The company I work for just bought another newspaper company. Now, the newspaper up the street from us (actually in Charlotte and much bigger than we are) was in heavy competition with us before we all became one happy family. Darin was such a joke at the Charlotte paper (word has spread around that he is infatuated with the Panthers. So much so that he’ll only write good things about the team and if someone leaves the team, he’ll trash them in his columns and such) that folks in the sports department were starting to make fun of him and making jokes about him. Darin caught wind of this and called our boss and told him that he had to call up to the Charlotte paper and demand that they stop making fun of him. The Charlotte editor sent out an email (no shit, I got a copy of it) saying that anyone in the department caught making fun of Darin would have to answer to the editor. This is the kind of guy he is. Our newspaper is in a financial bind at the moment (can’t hire anyone new, no raises, etc.) but yet the publisher let him go up to cover the NFL combine for the week. He would call in and tell me that he’d have this, this and this to fit in the paper. I told him fine but make it short because we didn’t have a lot of space. His response? “I’ll make it as long as it needs to be.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.