:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

Official robtheidiot Twitch thread…

• Comments Off on Official robtheidiot Twitch thread…

Official robtheidiot Twitch thread…

Latest Replies Forums Solo Shows Official robtheidiot Twitch thread…

This topic contains 26 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Bucho Bucho 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    rob
    rob
    Participant

I figured since this would definitely be considered to be a solo show, an official thread should live here.

But…you’ve heard me talk about it, bitch about it, struggle with technical issues…but the robtheidiot Twitch stream is continuing tonight, November 16th, ~ 7 PM CST! It’ll take some time to find my sea legs, or…stream legs? Whatever – comfortability will come with practice.

http://www.twitch.tv/robtheidiot

Couple of things –
    First, streams will only be saved on the channel for 14 days, which is a bummer. (If I ever become a Twitch partner, videos will last for 60 days on the channel, but you have to have around 200 viewers per stream for that, and it’s going to take a LOT of time for that to happen.) I’m planning on recording my streams for at least a while, because eventually I’d like to create clip videos to go on my YouTube channel.

Next, as far as a stream schedule – I’m thinking Tuesday and Thursday nights and Saturday morning/afternoon. Not exactly sure if that’s going to work through the holidays, so I guess if you’re interested, follow the twitter (@robtheidiot).

Am I crazy to be doing all of this? Yes. Am I more excited than a genetically enhanced, sex crazed hippo? Well, maybe not THAT excited, but I’m pretty excited. Hope you guys like it, and if you’ve got any suggestions/tips/whatever, let me know!

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Mmmm, crispy!

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

Rob, I’m watching you playing and this game is awesome. Can’t wait to play, and play the story first.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Crispy?

Ha, yeah, there’s no way to type that accent.

So here’s the next one! Still got an audio sync issue, and not sure what that’s all about. From watching both videos back, I think I’ve gotten closer, so I’ve upped the audio delay more – hopefully that’ll do it.

Newman
    Participant

Hope to catch your next one Rob!

rob
    rob
    Participant

Thanks, kind sir! For a long-time gamer like you, I hope it’s not too frustrating to see, and hope you like!

thx_1227
    thx_1227
    Participant

Good stuff Rob! I ingest an unhealthy amount of Twitch so I’ve seen all kinds of streamers. Already you’ve got a leg up on most of the newer ones I’ve watched – you’re not trying too hard to be something you’re not. You’re already hilarious and entertaining, so as you get comfortable with the Tech/obs side of things I’m looking forward to more of that popping through. Like Bryan said in the other thread – little things like jacked up voiceovers and rants. But yeah man, solid first stream…enjoyed watching it!

rob
    rob
    Participant

Much appreciated, man, seriously. I feel like the 2nd one was already better than the first. Just gotta get comfy!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

I just created a Twitch account.

Love seeing so many of the old gang back on board this crazy old spaceship too.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Video #3! Think we’ve got the audio issues worked out, so should be an easier watch. Thanks for hanging out, guys!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Nice! From now on I should be up earlier on NZ Sunday mornings and catch some of these live.

Octavious
    Octavious
    Participant

WidgyPal

rob
    rob
    Participant

Yep, time to fight!

Bucho
    Bucho
    Participant

Nice! From now on I should be up earlier on NZ Sunday mornings and catch some of these live.

Looks like I’m a filthy liar, but was out till 2am the night before though so I have a solid excuse at least.

rob
    rob
    Participant

Hey, the support is appreciated, whether it’s live or on the replay.

Btw, I’m not sure I actually said this – but for 14 days, the replays are also available on the channel. After that, the YouTube channel will have them (I’m exporting them from Twitch, which I think is helping the quality on the stream since I’m not recording at the same time).

Got a question though, for those that have been watching. Thinking about different games to play – I think until I’m better, I ought to mix it up with some different games. Any interest in the new Mario game or any of the games on the SNES Classic? Actually been thinking about Assassin’s Creed Origins since it seems like a game where it’s be fun to explore around with commentary and stuff, and probably fits my play style more. Any thoughts on where I should go next?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.