:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

No more SOS for Bing?

• Comments Off on No more SOS for Bing?

No more SOS for Bing?

Latest Replies Forums Show Resources and Links No more SOS for Bing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Bing
    Participant

I love the hell outta this show, I mean SOS is the Paw Paw’s testicles.

But I can’t download anything anymore…what the hell?

Someone help me here, I’m going through the withdrawls!!!!.

Version3
    Keymaster

Are you using iTunes? did you try direct download? Give us more info.

Bing
    Participant

Ok…two different scenarios

#1 WORK
    Downloading direct
    no itunes

#2 HOME
    Downloading direct
    dial up connection
    using “Getright” (keeps connection open and prevents “hiccups”)
    dial-up too slow for itunes

Problem:

Downloads will hang then time out at various times. Also..shows that do not complete but get to say 80 or 90% can be salvaged but will not play properly. In the past when this happened I would simply take the incomplete download and rename with the mp3 extension and it would play in all my software with no problems. Now what happens is the player will automatically jump to the next title even if there is still some SOS left.

For example:

The newest show did not complete the 66.6mb download (66.6 remember was where I kept hanging up at on show 120). Instead show 121 would hang and freeze at about 64.8 mb this would give me almost the entire show but yet I could only PLAY about 5 or 7 minutes into the show on ANY software.

I’m sure this is all Bryan’s fault and I think Ivan should kick his ass.
    Oh and fix the damn voice mail too!!!……….vagrants.

…you wouldn’t like me when I’ve been denied my SOS, I turn all green and puffy and fart a lot.

NBLIANGW

Newman
    Participant

Are you in a work situation where you can install your own apps? Say like, iTunes?

Version3
    Keymaster

I think it’s the fucking server again. Those bitches.

Bing, on the VM, blame Visa/Skype… they can’t get the paymen gateway really talking again. Retards.

Bucho
    Participant

Have you tried redownloading older shows or downloading other podcasts to see if it’s specific to 120 and 121?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Bing
    Participant
    Bucho wrote:
    Have you tried redownloading older shows or downloading other podcasts to see if it’s specific to 120 and 121?

as a matter of fact I tried to download show 83 ’cause I hear your big ass called in….I guess I’ll never hear that sweet, sweet voice.

yeah that was a little gay…

Bucho
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    Bucho wrote:

as a matter of fact I tried to download show 83 ’cause I hear your big ass called in….I guess I’ll never hear that sweet, sweet voice.

yeah that was a little gay…

Nah, you’re right dude my voice is pretty sweet. Like Urkel with his nipples clamped and testicles frozen while rabid sheep fornicate with his leg. I direct dl with Getright and 121 was the first time I’ve had it hang up on me. It happened twice. I can’t remember the numbers but I think it was under 15% done each time. The third time it worked ok.

Bing
    Participant

Well Bucho, bring me a copy up here will you. New Zealand ain’t that far away is it?

Bucho
    Participant
    Bing wrote:
    Well Bucho, bring me a copy up here will you. New Zealand ain’t that far away is it?

I wish dude. Hopefully the more info Bryan has the better he can work the problem.

Version3
    Keymaster

Trouble is, I can’t duplicate the problem. I’ll keep trying.

Newman
    Participant

Sometimes, more just recently than in the past, I’ve noticed having to relaunch the download in iTunes. I figgured this was due to my college cutting off my bandwidth from being such a whore. It wasnt only Podcasts for me, it was music purchased from the iTunes Music Store.

Version3
    Keymaster

Maybe iTunes is getting it’s ass kicked? I had some trouble downloading an album recently, much like you described Newman.

djohnson
    Participant

Podcast downloads don’t go through iTunes’ servers. They go directly to the source.

As I mentioned in another thread, I had problems with iTunes and DL directly both and had to try several times before I finally got the whole thing…

Version3
    Keymaster

But the iTunes client does handle the download, and I’ve seen people complain about resume functions, as well as interruptions with the latest 2 versions. Could it be requests going on in the background or something? Hmmmm, it’s possible.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.