:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

new trek rips off star wars?

• Comments Off on new trek rips off star wars?

new trek rips off star wars?

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder new trek rips off star wars?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Larkitect
    Participant

funny comparison of the new star trek (which is über-awesome btw) to star wars.

to boldy go far far away…

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Version3
    Keymaster

link didn’t work for me… try this

Bucho
    Participant

Yep, only the best for JJ, including what he rips off. The only neg I give him is that he didn’t include comic relief droids and sister-kissing. Which reminds me, I gotta see that sucker again while it’s still at Imax.

(Lark’s link worked fine for me).

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Larkitect
    Participant

bucho, there was sister kissing. didn’t you see the scene in the turbolift with spock and uhura?

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Version3
    Keymaster

he said sister, not sista! 😀

Bing
    Participant

Yeah but I don’t buy it ripping off star wars because Trek’s biggest problem was that it began to take itself WAY too seriously, which this reboot ( and yes it is just that) didn’t do that despite having the balls to destroy an integral planet (Vulcan).

The last time SW had balls was when Han shot first (1977) then Lucas had to change that.

One day, If we live long enough, we will see a real hardcore science fiction with the balls of battlestar galactica and the entertainment value of Star Trek 2009. Someone really needs to put Sci-Fi back on the map and get it out of its kiddie-effects cradle it’s been stuck in since CGI became the end all be all of science fiction.

Hell my short story about a robotic Rob and transporting a Whore-o-morph was better sci fi than 90% of the shit out there.

And since I’m ranting why does the media classify the genre (I hate that word) as Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror? I don’t like horror movies b/c I don’t like shit jumping out at me and yelling BOO! (makes me wanna punch shit) and Fantasy? that’s for cheerleaders and the hooter’s waitresses. I want good pure Science Fiction that doesn’t insult it’s audience with stupid cliches and bad writing.

But I’d still do Uhura…in the butt, in the ear, up the nose….wherever she would let me.

I give ST:2009 3 out of 4 stars

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.