:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

My website!

• Comments Off on My website!

My website!

Latest Replies Forums The Orange Lounge My website!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    El Rustirino
    Participant

Crap.

So you may notice my avatar is nonexistant at the moment. That’s because my website’s up for renewal.

Now, last year, when I bought it, it was 40 bucks a year. What a DEAL. But I come back to renew it, and now it’s 80 bucks a year. And this site doesn’t allow backups, and…well, it’s basically gotten worse to its customers over the year. So I’m pretty sure I need a new host. Cheaper thank eighty bucks a freakin’ year.

Oh, and the host was SiteGround.

Anyone have any good ideas?.

thx_1227
    Participant

I’m having a similar issue with my domain service. I need to investigate this price increase…

Version3
    Keymaster

You can do hosting at GoDaddy.com for like 5 or 6 bux a month on Unix if you have few needs. I have big space and decent bandwidth, and we don’t pay that much either. It’s had it’s lower performance moments, but I still recommend it on a budget.

El Rustirino
    Participant

I found something else, tell me if it looks like a good deal:

http://vexxhost.com/holiday-web-hosting-offer.htm

Version3
    Keymaster

Eh… it’s a lot for the bux, but they aren’t rated THAT good, and they are known for putting a shit ton of shared domains on a single box (from what I quickly read). I’d say try to find that balance between rating and cost where you feel safe giving someone a whole year of your dough.

El Rustirino
    Participant

Well I don’t need anything perfect, it’s mainly gonna be the website for my show (like it was last time). So I don’t really care about anything as long as it’s got at least 100 gigs of space and less shitty customer service than Siteground.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.