:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

My geekiness knows no limits: Monster Squad on DVD

• Comments Off on My geekiness knows no limits: Monster Squad on DVD

My geekiness knows no limits: Monster Squad on DVD

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder My geekiness knows no limits: Monster Squad on DVD

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Okay, I went out and bought the 20th anniversary edition of “Monster Squad” on DVD today. First thing to me that comes to mind is: Damn, it’s been 20 years? 20 years??? I vividly remember when this movie came out and watched it repeatedly on tape after that.

Next thing I noticed? Ashley Bank. Wow. If you remember (if you’ve seen the movie) she’s the little girl (Phoebe), shown here on the right:

18.jpg

Now, she’s grown up and grown out, as you can see here:

DSC_6455_8x10a-1.jpg

Kinda felt a little like a perve, but then again, she was born in 1981, so she’s quite legal now. Then again hell, this movie DID come out 20 years ago.

Finally, I didn’t realize that the guy who played the fat kid (Horace) died of pneumonia when he was 22. Who under 50 dies of pneumonia anymore?

Anyway, there’s my geekout for the day. Anyone else remember the movie? Bucho, don’t worry, I’m sure the movie will finally be released in NZ some time next year. … Maybe..

Octavious
    Participant

Yummy.

Version3
    Keymaster

She got the big girl shirt now, but she looks like she’s wearing her post-cancer regrow hair man… not hot would be my vote, but I wouldn’t turn away if her shirt popped off.

Frank
    Participant

I’ve seen better pictures of her, that’s just the first one I grabbed online. And, for the record, at the rate I’m going, I’ve got to keep dusting the cobweb away from the giant, neon “Vacancy” sign above my bed.

Bing
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    I’ve seen better pictures of her, that’s just the first one I grabbed online. And, for the record, at the rate I’m going, I’ve got to keep dusting the cobweb away from the giant, neon “Vacancy” sign above my bed.

Lindsey called and wants that sign back…

Bucho
    Participant
    Frank wrote:
    … Bucho, don’t worry, I’m sure the movie will finally be released in NZ some time next year. … Maybe.

Yeah dude, I just saw the trailer last week when I went to the NZ premiere of Star Trek 2.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Scatt
    Participant

Wow! (away from that chick) I completely forgot about this movie. I used to watch the shit out of it when I was a kid. In fact, I had to look it up after reading this because I kept confusing it with something like The Lost Boys or any movie starring Corey Feldman. I actually thought he was in this, but now I know that there were nobodies out the ass. I want to see it again, though. See if it stood the test of time, or if it’s a complete cornball fest.

Frank
    Participant

There’s some cornball in there, sure. But again, I watched this thing until the tape wore out when I was younger, so it was kinda cool that I got to watch it again on glorious DVD (my tape had skips and strips across it, you remember those days, right?). But yeah, good stuff. I still would recommend it, inasmuch as this is a great ’80’s movie about kids fighting monsters …

That and Uncle Rico from “Napoleon Dynamite” is, in fact, the werewolf in the movie.

Scatt
    Participant

Damn! I remember that. I remember the scene where he’s turning into the werewolf.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.