:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

My bold prediction

• Comments Off on My bold prediction

My bold prediction

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder My bold prediction

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

Okay, here’s my thinking. If you don’t own stock in Disney and have a few dollars lying around, go ahead and put your money into Disney/Pixar now. Come the end of July/beginning of August, you’ll thank me for it.

If you haven’t watched the new, longer trailer for Pixar’s latest film Wall*e, you really should. This movie, in my humble opinion, is going to bring home serious, serious bank. Kids are going to want to see it. Adults are going to want to see it. … Both probably more than once. On top of that, you know they’re going to sell toys and merchandise out the wa-zoo for this movie.

Here’s my take: I’ve been a fan of Pixar’s work since Toy Story (hell, I’ll admit it). Some of the movies I’m not really all that big into (A Bug’s Life, the latest mouse one, etc.) but there are some that are fantastic (Monsters, Inc., Toy Story, Incredibles, etc.). I can say that this latest movie tops what Pixar’s been able to do in animation. Some of these scenes look so incredibly real. That and, for those of us old enough to remember, the little robot looks like a miniature version of Johnny 5 from Short Circuit.

Anyway, check it out and let me know what you think.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=24170442.

Version3
    Keymaster

I am so excited about that. Fuck all of these other movies… that’s probably one of the few I’m just really going to be looking forward to almost every day until it comes out. Why? Of all of the movies coming out that we’ll all spend time talking about, this may be the only one that I’ll still enjoy hearing/watching on it’s 67th time of playback on the Mac Mini. I think this looks like Pixar has come back with a really good idea for a story. Ratatouille wasn’t that great a film for them, and Cars is just not much better than a Dreamworks animated movie. Hurray Pixar!

El Rustirino
    Participant

Pixar is the god of CG films. I am also very exited about it.

Pa-ul
    Participant

Anybody care to predict how long it’s going to be before all the actors do, is provide the voices to the CG?

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

Frank
    Participant
    Pa-ul wrote:
    Anybody care to predict how long it’s going to be before all the actors do, is provide the voices to the CG?

It’s happening now. Look at Beowulf.

Frank
    Participant

Want to see something impressive? (Unzips pants … j/k) Check out the new picture on AICN from Wall•E. It’s a hi-rez picture. Check out the attention to detail on the body of the robot. It’s absolutely amazing.

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007/WallESpacePic.jpg

El Rustirino
    Participant

Holy hell, that looks good.

Pa-ul
    Participant

Even down to the Record, Play and Stop buttons on the top of Wall*Es chassis.

If it doesn’t work, jam a screwdriver in there and jiggle it about.

digitaltopia
    Participant

It looks good. I’ve always dug Johnny 5. However the sound clip at the beginning of the trailer when he steps on the bug is just a stock sound clip from an old computer game. It always bugs me when they do that. Like TV shows and movies have used the sound of the doors opening and some of the monster sounds from Doom over and over again.

Bucho
    Participant

If they can wrap that in a good story and not try to overly cram it with cuteness it could be incredibly awesome. Shit, it just looks amazing to me.

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Frank
    Participant

Saw the trailer on the big screen today. Yeah, I’m totally ready for this movie and I still think it’s going to make a killing at the box office.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.