:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

M$’s bit parts

• Comments Off on M$’s bit parts

M$’s bit parts

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder M$’s bit parts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Larkitect
    Participant

so microsoft is mulling 128-bit versions of windows 8 and 9.

i take this as M$ taking the style over substance road. ever since XP they’ve been touting the ‘cloud computing’ concept where desktops were dumb terminals with no need for an installed OS.

they just want to be able to say

Quote:
    “hey, look! our OS is 128-bit. most of you don’t know what that means, but all that matters is that 128 is twice as big as 64 and FOUR TIMES bigger than 32!!! bigger numbers are better which is why M$ has been working hard to increase the windows install size with every release.

don’t worry about the fact that all your hardware and software is no longer compatible in a native 128-bit mode. just because its a 128-bit OS doesn’t mean it will actually run as a 128-bit OS. but at least you can install a ton of ram. and you’ll need it because windows will fill up all the ram you give it because its just so good!”

My essence still senses Bucho's women.

Version3
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’d love to see them really take a stab at marketing this with no consumer 128 bit hardware. They really need to slow down and figure out how to leverage the fact that they may just have a decent OS in Win7, and figure out how to actually make that experience a positive for it’s installed user base. But what I do I know, I’m not worth billions and responsible for an ever SHRINKING market share.

Larkitect
    Participant

@Version3 41763 wrote:

Yeah, I’d love to see them really take a stab at marketing this with no consumer 128 bit hardware. They really need to slow down and figure out how to leverage the fact that they may just have a decent OS in Win7, and figure out how to actually make that experience a positive for it’s installed user base. But what I do I know, I’m not worth billions and responsible for an ever SHRINKING market share.

i didn’t even bother with the windows 7 beta. but like you said, it might be decent. i’ve heard some comparisons to the old 9x releases. not necessarily a 95 type build, but possibly a 98-esque release. here’s to hoping. sort of.

i do like my mac. but i don’t think my wife wants to switch until she’s really ready for a new laptop. i’ve taken her through the ‘tour’ of all the new macs but she says hers is ‘fine’ for right now. i’ll keep working her. making her feel like her hardware is getting old and dated (she’s weak that way). pretty soon she’ll be begging for a new shiny aluminum mac. 😀

and don’t sell yourself short, you’re worth billions to us. 😎

Version3
    Keymaster

@Larkitect 41764 wrote:

and don’t sell yourself short, you’re worth billions to us. 😎

the check must have gotten lost in the mail. :p

Jessica hates being on Mac, and never misses and opportunity to tell me about it. Meanwhile, her computer is never screwed up. Go Figure.

Larkitect
    Participant

@Version3 41765 wrote:

Meanwhile, her computer is never screwed up. Go Figure.

if her computer ain’t screwed up, you just ain’t tryin’ hard enough. :p

you didn’t get the check? but the nigerian said if i wired him a 10% handling fee…

oh well, i guess he’s been busy with his sick mother. he offered to fly me out to visit his family. when i go i’ll ask him about it.

Bucho
    Participant

Why does she hate the Mac so bad?

- Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.

Version3
    Keymaster

She’s a creature of habit, and she was used to Windows. I’m dragging my feet on ever going back so that maybe she’ll hate it when the time comes for me to allow her to run it.

Bing
    Participant

Does this mean I can run my Blue Screen/White Text freeze game in 128 bit?

cool!!!!

digitaltopia
    Participant

If Microsoft really did decide to release a 128-bit version of Windows and the Linux community felt so inclined Linux could come out with a 128-bit version long before Windows. But the thing is, there’s only marginal support for 64-bit systems as it is. I think the computer world as a whole needs to focus on standardizing on 64-bit first.

thx_1227
    Participant

@Bing 41798 wrote:

Does this mean I can run my Blue Screen/White Text freeze game in 128 bit?

cool!!!!

Well said, sir.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.