:::: MENU ::::

The Switched ON Show

The Switched ON Show | Comedic Chaos and Stuff

More Nine Inch Nails updates…

• Comments Off on More Nine Inch Nails updates…

More Nine Inch Nails updates…

Latest Replies Forums FanBoy Fodder More Nine Inch Nails updates…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

Okay, first, on Tuesday, Trent and co. mastered a new track called Discipline. He released it to radio on Wednesday, and allowed it to be downloaded for free on Wednesday night. You can also download the multitrack files for the song for remixing, which leads me to…

http://remix.nin.com.

First, I’ve never given it much thought because I wasn’t really interested in fan mixes. But, not only is it a way for fans to share thoughts on stuff like that, but Trent also put out instrumental versions of tracks from the Downward Spiral and Year Zero. It’s one thing to hear these with lyrics, but some of the instrumental versions are better than the originals. He also put out a lot of rare tracks and remixes from previous singles and such.

Rusty, I think you’d be interested in this, because not only can you listen to it on the website, you can download them, for free, straight from the website as 256 kb/s mp3s. Now I ask you, what other artists do this? Trent’s so fucking cool…

El Rustirino
    Participant

Oh fuck yes.

rob
    Participant

Yeah, now go to http://www.nin.com. The new album, The Slip, is there to download, for free. He says:

Quote:
    (thank you for your continued and loyal support over the years – this one’s on me)

Has anyone ever done this? Don’t think so.

Aura of hate
    Participant

I have to give it to Trent not only does he create thought provoking and enjoyable music he gives a fuck about the fans. I have yet to see a commercial band do this to date as much as he has. This type of thing is usually only seen in the underground and even that is getting to be even more rare as pressing prices and hosting prices get hirer and bands get more greedy.

Thanks for posting this Rob!

El Rustirino
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    Yeah, now go to http://www.nin.com. The new album, The Slip, is there to download, for free. He says:

Quote:
    (thank you for your continued and loyal support over the years – this one’s on me)

Has anyone ever done this? Don’t think so.

Yes. Radiohead.

rob
    Participant

A whole album? Yeah, don’t think so. One song, okay maybe, but not a whole album.

El Rustirino
    Participant
    rob wrote:
    A whole album? Yeah, don’t think so. One song, okay maybe, but not a whole album.

For a while, In Rainbows was available for download in full.

I think it’s awesome, don’t get me wrong. I’ll download the album tomorrow.

Aura of hate
    Participant
    El Rustirino wrote:
    rob wrote:

For a while, In Rainbows was available for download in full.

I seem to remeber a article about them doing that. It was like a free will donation you could just take it or give them a buck or some thing….though my memory is hazy on this.

rob
    Participant

Yeah, you could pay as little as .01 for it, but it was also only available in 128 kpbs mp3. And, no guilt required for the nin release.

Frank
    Participant

Yeah Robbie, I meant to ask you a question about Reznor. Everyone once in awhile, I’ll hear a song in a commercial or in a TV show and I’ll want to download the song. The latest was from the new Nike commercials. Apparently, the guy who wrote the song is a poet (black guy, lots to say, etc.) and wanted to do some music. His name is Saul Williams and the name of the song is “List of Demands.” I did some looking into it and saw that the driving force behind most of the guy’s album was Trent Reznor. I just thought that was interesting.

Version3
    Keymaster

So where is the question dumbass?

just kidding Frank.

rob
    Participant

Yeah, I really like Saul Williams. He’s like, one of the few black people in entertainment that take a very “look in the mirror before you chastise anyone else” kind of view. I listened to some of his stuff, and was kinda eh. Then Trent did his last record, and even though he does get a bit preachy sometimes, I dig it pretty well. The new album is “The Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust”, available for $5 over at http://niggytardust.com.

digitaltopia
    Participant

It wins for creative album title.

Frank
    Participant
    Version3 wrote:
    So where is the question dumbass?

just kidding Frank.

So, what do you think about this whole Saul Williams thing? (It was one of those ‘understood’ questions, Bry, damn!)

digitaltopia
    Participant

I read that Trent was rather disappointed by the small number of people that were actually willing to pay for the Williams album, but it could be that the people that were giving it a try were hoping for more of a Nine Inch Nails type musical experience and not so much rap. I, for one, can’t stand rap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.